• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Component In From Console, Hdmi Out To Monitor. Is This Possible?

Smasher

Question

Hello Roxio community. :D

I'm interested in the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro, but I have a configuration question before I make a purchase decision.

I've searched this forum, the device manual, and the interwebs in general but I haven't found so much as a reference to my situation.

I have an older Xbox 360 without HDMI that shares a monitor with my PC.

The monitor has exactly two inputs, HDMI and VGA.

I currently have the Xbox using VGA to the monitor and the PC using HDMI.

If I purchased the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro, I figured I would use a DVI to VGA converter on the PC and switch the PC to use the VGA port on the monitor.

Then I would be able to use the HDMI output from the Roxio to the HDMI input on the monitor.

But that got me thinking; my Xbox is only able to output with component.

The Roxio has component in, so that's no problem. However, my monitor can only accept an HDMI input.

Well the Roxio has HDMI output so that's no problem -or is it?

I haven't seen a mention anywhere of component input with HDMI output.

Does the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro support Component in with HDMI out?

6 answers to this question

Thank you for the response, but it doesn't address my question.

I know that the HD Game Capture Pro supports component or HDMI or componet, but does it support HDMI and component?

My Xbox has component out, and my monitor has HDMI in.

The diagram on the website shows component into the HD Game Capture Pro and HDMI or component out for the PS3, but for the Xbox it only shows HDMI on both sides of the device.

It would seem a simple thing to answer, but I can't find a single word on the topic.

I'm going to open a redundant thread in the forum specifically for the HD Pro.

I didn't realize that was a separate forum.

I'm also curious what PS3 converter you are referencing.

Hello Roxio community. :D

I'm interested in the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro, but I have a configuration question before I make a purchase decision.

I've searched this forum, the device manual, and the interwebs in general but I haven't found so much as a reference to my situation.

I have an older Xbox 360 without HDMI that shares a monitor with my PC.

The monitor has exactly two inputs, HDMI and VGA.

I currently have the Xbox using VGA to the monitor and the PC using HDMI.

If I purchased the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro, I figured I would use a DVI to VGA converter on the PC and switch the PC to use the VGA port on the monitor.

Then I would be able to use the HDMI output from the Roxio to the HDMI input on the monitor.

But that got me thinking; my Xbox is only able to output with component.

The Roxio has component in, so that's no problem. However, my monitor can only accept an HDMI input.

Well the Roxio has HDMI output so that's no problem -or is it?

I haven't seen a mention anywhere of component input with HDMI output.

Does the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro support Component in from the Xbox 360 with HDMI out to the monitor?

Can I use Roxio Game Capture HD PRO to play live games on my computer display?

Yes as long as your computer display can take HDMI or Component input. Instead of connecting a TV, you can connect your computer display as an output with Roxio Game Capture HD PRO device so the video can be passed through in real time to your computer display.

You still need to connect the capture device via USB with a laptop/PC for recording though. The preview in the Capture software has about 2 second delay as it is required for the hardware to process the video.

The above is found here in post #1 http://forums.suppor...re-hd-pro-faqs/

okay I understand now and to answer your question yes you can connect your Xbox with component in an HDMI out. Roxio made a illustration with standard installations in mind but yes you can use your component cables going in & your HDMI out. all you would do is select in your settings is" HDMI" instead of component