Completely Uninstall Roxio Creator 2009

Kirkmiller

Question

I get the "Please wait while Windows configures Roxio Creator 2009" window when I (1) right click any folder -- even an empty folder, or (2) access an audio or video file. I cancel the window; it pops up again; I cancel it again; it finally goes away.

I used Windows' uninstall program twice, but it didn't get rid of Roxio. I did a SEARCH for all instances of Roxio in the file or folder name, and then deleted them. I couldn't get rid of one dll file in a Roxio folder; it was protected somehow. Renaming it didn't help. I finally moved it to the recycle bin and emptied the recycle bin; that did it.

I ran msconfig and unchecked all Roxio references in the services and startup tabs, and restarted my computer.

I downloaded C2009_UninstallerXP.zip and ran it, but it said that Roxio was not found, so it could not uninstall it.

I still get the "Please wait while Windows configures Roxio Creator 2009" window when I (1) right click any folder -- even an empty folder (2) access an audio or video file.

I have a Compaq Presario desktop PC running Windows XP service pack 3.

What is causing these aggravating messages about Roxio?

How can I get rid of them?

Kirk

1 answer to this question