Burn Movies To 4.7 Gig Dvd

moeestrada

Question

I have just purchased and installed Roxio Creator NXT on my Windows 7 PC and am having problems trying to burn DVD-R standard disks. Every time I try to burn a disk it says I need a dual layer DVD-DL. I do not want to burn DL DVD's. I had the old Roxio DVD Burning that went out with Window XP. I migrated to Windows 7 and my Roio software would not work on 7. Thus, I had to buy creator.

I am trying to copy a video file using "Video Copy and Covert", but have not been able to use my Non DL DVD. Why? Is there a setting for doing this.

I used to burn all my movies on non DL DVD disk.

What I am trying to do is burn movies to a non dual layer DVD that i used to burn with my old XP Roxio DVD Copy softwar for a normal DVD 4.7 GIG Disk.

Please help me with this.

Edited by cdanteek
Do not post your email address on any public forum!

4 answers to this question

You need to explain a bit more what your doing and what settings? I do not know the settings. I just loaded the software Roxio Creator NXT.

(In My DVD high quality a single layer DVD will only hold one hour because Roxio's uses a constant bit rate encoder at 9mbs.) I am trying to burn video files. I am using files that would burn to 4.7 Gig DVD-R disk. I did this all day long with my of Roxio Easy DVD Copy software on Windows XP.

Using these same files, Creator NXT is asking for a DVD+DL Disk. Why? When I bought the software one of my question to the Roxio sales person, was can I burn my video files to a standard or no DL disk. They said yes. Can you help me if this is a setting problem.

I would like to think that I have a choice of when to burn to a DL disk and when to burn to a 4.7 GIG DVD-R disk.

I do have some very large Video disk files that I can see burning DL disks. But, for now, I do not want to be burning all DL disk's when I do not have a large file to burn.

I appreiaciate your help on this.

thanks

You need to explain a bit more what your doing and what settings? I do not know the settings. I just loaded the software Roxio Creator NXT.

(In My DVD high quality a single layer DVD will only hold one hour because Roxio's uses a constant bit rate encoder at 9mbs.) I am trying to burn video files. I am using files that would burn to 4.7 Gig DVD-R disk. I did this all day long with my of Roxio Easy DVD Copy software on Windows XP.

Using these same files, Creator NXT is asking for a DVD+DL Disk. Why? When I bought the software one of my question to the Roxio sales person, was can I burn my video files to a standard or no DL disk. They said yes. Can you help me if this is a setting problem.

I would like to think that I have a choice of when to burn to a DL disk and when to burn to a 4.7 GIG DVD-R disk.

I do have some very large Video disk files that I can see burning DL disks. But, for now, I do not want to be burning all DL disk's when I do not have a large file to burn.

I appreiaciate your help on this.

thanks

Are you authouring a video DVD or are you simply burning the video files to a DVD? You are not giving us any useful information