kbhoff

Won't See Dvd In Drive For Burning

Question

I'm using Creator 2010 with windows 7 on my computer. I'm trying to burn a mp4 video 900 mb to a memorex DVD-R disk. I can use Roxio burn for copying data or pictures no problem. I have also been able to do this in the past although it has been hit or miss. Some times having to try multiple disks or rebooting my computer. But not none of those things are working anymore. When I go to the screen where I can click on Burn it is grayed out. It says the drive is empty. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

9 answers to this question

I'm using Creator 2010 with windows 7 on my computer. I'm trying to burn a mp4 video 900 mb to a memorex DVD-R disk. I can use Roxio burn for copying data or pictures no problem. I have also been able to do this in the past although it has been hit or miss. Some times having to try multiple disks or rebooting my computer. But not none of those things are working anymore. When I go to the screen where I can click on Burn it is grayed out. It says the drive is empty. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

Follow post number 6 to the 'T'...

http://forums.suppor...post__p__374534

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I figured Memorex wasn't very good or at least causing problems, that was why I listed it as what I was using. Windows does see the drive and even Roxio sees the drive in that I can use Roxio burn on these dvds. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.

Well, I got 1 to work. I think the problem I'm having now is the memorex disks. Windows tells me to put in a disk when I have the Memorex in there and Roxio Burn isn't showing up. I tried a few disks and am having the same problem. It will read a previously burned disk of the same type, Memorex. So I know the drive is working. Any suggestions on a better brand of DVD-r's? I have a Dell X8300. I'm guessing that is my next step.

Thanks

1) See what your burner manufacturer suggests.

2) Read this. I use JVC Taiyo Yuden available on-line only I work too hard on my projects to use cheap media. I also want to make sure my family can enjoy the projects for many years to come.

I believe the problem is between the Roxio software and Window 8. I'm using Roxio Creator 10 and Windows 8. Roxio would not recognize the DVD in the Dell PC. I attached an external DVD disc drive and was successful.

I believe the problem is between the Roxio software and Window 8. I'm using Roxio Creator 10 and Windows 8. Roxio would not recognize the DVD in the Dell PC. I attached an external DVD disc drive and was successful.

First of all there is no such program as Roxio Creator 10 unless you mean the OEM version that comes/came with some hardware. There is a Easy Media Creator 10 and a Roxio Creator 2010 neither of which is compatible with Windows 8. If you have the OEM version then of course all bets are off since it is not even supported by Roxio.

Edited by myguggi

Sorry - I'm using Roxio Creator NXT and Windows 8.1. It is not an OEM version. Have read in other posts that Roxio is aware of this issue and are looking into it. Hope this is true.

Sorry - I'm using Roxio Creator NXT and Windows 8.1. It is not an OEM version. Have read in other posts that Roxio is aware of this issue and are looking into it. Hope this is true.

Then why did you say you are using Roxio Creator 10 and Windows 8?. You have just confused things with your post that is totally unrelated to the original post.