• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Operation 'build' On Capturemanager Failed.

faosfx

Question

I just got this message after trying to capture a TV show. --- Operation 'Build' on CaptureManager failed. The funny thing is, this does not happen when I choose "General purpose editing, normal quality". However, anything on "best quality" gives me this error message and I do not know why. When I had EMC 7 I could capture TV content in high quality with no problems and now I can not seem to do it with EMC 8. What is going on here?

I know you are going to ask me the old and the usual, what was I doing that caused this error and what other applications were running.

The only applications running were the Roxio main window were you launch all the programs from and the Capture tool. I selected "General purpose editing, best quality" and clicked "Capture Now" and simply got the message.

I have the latest drivers for my video card CATALYST 5.13 and the latest drivers for my TV Tuner card. I can capture high quality fine with windows movie maker but I hate saving in .wmv format.

6 answers to this question

You also posted to a year old thread.

She also has a Dell 061. Lots of people who haven't installed a graphics card in place of the on-board chips have had problems. She can just do a search for 061 and then contact Dell for an update/upgrade.

:) Anxious are we? Try the one that works. Unless you have high def or a great monitor, you may not notice the difference. V8 stresses your computer more than V7 including your video card. Please Post your computer specs and the update the driver for the video card you have

I guess there is no fix? Sad.

I too have this error now that I upgraded from Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7 to v8. I have the most current drivers. I have a system that is only six months old I don't have patience to wait so I have rolled back to a prior backup and intend to dispute the credit card charge until Roxio can find a fix.

INFO:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name JENNIFERDUAL

System Manufacturer HP Pavilion 061

System Model ER884AA-ABA m7480n

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.15, 6/23/2006

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"

User Name JENNIFERDUAL\HP_Administrator

Time Zone Pacific Standard Time

Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 914.42 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 3.85 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Name Realtek High Definition Audio

Manufacturer Realtek

Status OK

PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0882&SUBSYS_103C0000&REV_1001\4&1D864DE0&0&0201

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkhdaud.sys (5.10.00.5211 built by: WinDDK, 3.95 MB (4,137,984 bytes), 3/7/2006 1:10 PM)

Archived