Uninstall Bundled Windvd Pro 2010?

port513

Question

8 answers to this question

But Roxio is also a Corel program now, isn't it?

One reason this question is being asked might be that Kaspersky is flagging SQPlus.dll as a trojan. Once that file is quarantined, WinDVD doesn't work. So, why have it there?

So, maybe I was attacked and that file was replaced, Kaspersky is giving a false positive, or Corel (Roxio) packaged malware with the installation. But, since I have other ways of playing DVD's I wish I could dump WinDVD. I haven't found a way yet.

This is a users' forum. Your questions are answered, where possible, by Roxio program users.

Just because Roxio is 'acquired' by Corel doesn't suddenly make us all Corel experts. I was not 'fobbing you off' by suggesting the Corel forums, just pointing you towards people who might be able to help you.

Again, just because Corel now owns Roxio, doesn't mean that Roxio staff have anything to do with packaging Corel programs.

Have you tried using the Revo Uninstaller in moderate mode, and seeing if it gives a separate listing for WinDVD? If it does, you could perhaps use Revo to uninstall it. If it doesn't, you might get some help from the Corel forums.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon, I looked to see what options there are. . Although it is listed as a separate application under Roxio NXT in "All Programs", I could not see it as a separate entry in the Windows Uninstall Program nor as an entry in Revo Uninstaller. It seems to be integrated into the NXT Home page.

Techdabbler: You say it is "Annoying to have to instances of WinDVD Pro...." Is that because of the anti-virus? I would talk to Kapersky about the false positive. I'm sure they could help you determine if the .dll is a false positive or not. Where did you go that you might have been attacked? Was the program a download or a disc? Try shutting off Kapersky and run a virus check on your computer using a different anti-virus. I'm sure there are some reputable ones out there that will give you a free scan . Look at cnet. You can set Kapersky to ignore it in the future.

Was there an option to install or not when you first installed the program. I don't remember.

Edited by sknis

I meant no offense. And if I had a complaint, it would be with Roxio and Corel, not the very helpful posters here.

As far as solving my particular problem with SQPlus.dll, I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled, scanned SQPlus.dll and it came up clean. That worries me since I'm not sure why Kaspersky found it dangerous before. But I don't know how Kaspersky works.

Thank you for your help.

Ooops, sorry everyone.

The original poster was asking about "bundled" software and I took that at face value. Now I realize he was talking about the player that was included in NXT rather than software bundled on his machine.

I apologize for going off on the "bundling" tangent, and am beating an embarrassed retreat. :blink:

Brendon