• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Burn Compatible Dvd?

yzhangjsxu

Hi,

This was my first time to burn a software into a DVD using Roxio Burn, which was pre-installed in my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop with Window 7. I tried 2 different DVD, one was Sony DVD RW, the other one was Memorex DVD-R, both were ejected and popped up a message "Please insert a blank, writable CD (recommended)", I was quite confused, so what type of blank DVD is compatible with Roxio Burn for burning a software? Detailed brand and type needed for shopping.

yzhangjsxu

Hi,

This was my first time to burn a software into a DVD using Roxio Burn, which was pre-installed in my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop with Window 7. I tried 2 different DVD, one was Sony DVD RW, the other one was Memorex DVD-R, both were ejected and popped up a message "Please insert a blank, writable CD (recommended)", I was quite confused, so what type of blank DVD is compatible with Roxio Burn for burning a software? Detailed brand and type needed for shopping.

yzhangjsxu

What program suite are you using? You topic can then be moved to the correct forum since this forum is for non-Roxio related topics.

Roxio Burn is compatible with all brands of DVDs.

What are you trying to burn to the DVD? Do you have other burning software you can try?

Welcome to the forum.

You said that the program gave you this message : ""Please insert a blank, writable CD (recommended)"

What are you trying to burn to the disc? Do you have a DVD burner? Have you ever been able to burn a DVD with any program on your computer?

Edited by sknis

• 2 weeks later...

EVEN WITH A BRAND NEW DISC...SOMETIMES YOU MAY HAVE TO FORMAT IT...THERE ARE OTHER PROGRAMS THAT WILL FORMAT YOUR DISC FOR FREE

Sorry, but apart from the shouting, that's nonsense!

Only the old packet-writer programs such as InCD, Drag-to-Disc, Direct CD and the like ever did a separate formatting action on optical discs.

Packet-writing took a huge overhead of disk space for the formatting, and wasn't very reliable. The method has been largely discarded in the industry now.

You shouldn't ever need to do a separate formatting operation with a write-once CD or DVD.

Regards,

Brendon