Dmsd File Help

Joygirl

Question

I have spent the past few weeks editing, creating, and finally finishing my aunts wedding video and slideshow, for which, I agreed to photograph and record at her wedding. Sadly though I have now come into the dilemma that the video&slideshow are only saving in dmsd files and will not play on a DVD player or on my other computer when I went to test them. How do I edit the file so that I can get my aunt and uncle their much belated video & slideshow? Some help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edited by myguggi
to enlarge font and make post readable

12 answers to this question

I have spent the past few weeks editing, creating, and finally finishing my aunts wedding video and slideshow, for which, I agreed to photograph and record at her wedding. Sadly though I have now come into the dilemma that the video&slideshow are only saving in dmsd files and will not play on a DVD player or on my other computer when I went to test them. How do I edit the file so that I can get my aunt and uncle their much belated video & slideshow? Some help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

FYI, a dmsd file is not a video file but only a project file and as such contains no video whatsoever. It simply is a "roadmap" of how to create your final video. It contains alist of the resources used, the effects applied, etc.

Until you tell us what program you have, we cannot really help more at this point. Since you have a "dmsd" project file that would seem to indicate that you used myDVD but from which version of Roxio: Creator 2010, 2011, 2012 or NXT

Once we know what version you are using your topic will be moced to the correct forum since the forum where you posted is basically for non-Roxio related topics as is described in the forum sub-heading

I see that you posted your version so your topic can now be moved.

Edited by myguggi

I did that and it burned the dmsd and the dmss (slidshow) onto the disk and wouldnt play.

What do you mean it burned the dmsd and dmss files to the disc?

Did you launch myDVD and the open the dmsd file? Did you click the red button (burn) in the bottom right corner of the screen?

Did the Burn Window then open where you select the option to burn to DVD, to an inage file or to a folder set?

If you did not do that then I have no idea what you did. Perhaps you can describe the steps exactly of what you are doing.

There is no way the dmsd gets burned to a disc if you had clicked the Burn button.