• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Wave Forms? Please Help!

the brince

Question

7 answers to this question

It's not in Toast but in Spin Doctor X. Unfortunately, Spin Doctor X is almost a total disaster. If you are looking for a way to separate a long audio file into multiple segments, check out Final Vinyl which I believe is still available for free from Griffin Technology.

• Like 1

cool thank you for replying. yeah thats kind of what i wanted to do seperate tracks. can you also adjust volumes and put in fades on that program?

im wondering why would they put that in the add pic for toast 11 if its not on the toast 11 spin doctor....weird

Spin Doctor X is included with the Toast 11 package of apps. You can adjust the volume gains and put in fades within Toast 11 itself. Spin Doctor X is just for capturing analog and streaming audio, marking tracks and applying noise filters. Not all of that is working however.

well i can open spindoctor and the vu meters show up, and i can record with it but i dont know how to get to that screen where it shows the wave forms

That should happen when you stop the recording. There should be some button to continue. Here is a Spin Doctor X tutorial.

Thank you for posting that link. Its weird after i record, it doesnt do that like it says it should. i Dont know whats wrong...i dont even know where the recordings are going. :angry2:

The location for the scratch file is set in SpinDoctor preferences. By default it is in your user>Library>Application Support>Spin Doctor X folder. You should be able to control-click on it and choose Open with... Spin Doctor X and the waveform appears. Before you do anything else, choose Save from the File menu and save it as an .aiff file. Make sure it is the saved .aiff file you are working on in the waveform window.

That said, using the application WireTap Studio to capture your audio and Final Vinyl to break it into tracks is a much wiser choice than losing your mind trying to get Spin Doctor X to perform.