• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disappearing Text

Subman

Question

I created a video using VideoWave in Roxio 2012 Pro. I added text under Internal Tracks to the Text 1 line. I did this on numerous frames and it worked well. I also added an "Aged Film" effect to the Fx 1 line. I upgraded to Creator NXT Pro and now the text and effect are gone. The boxes are there but the information is gone. I tried restoring the file from a backup but this did not help. Any ideas on how to recover the information?

:angry:

Subman

3 answers to this question

I created a video using VideoWave in Roxio 2012 Pro. I added text under Internal Tracks to the Text 1 line. I did this on numerous frames and it worked well. I also added an "Aged Film" effect to the Fx 1 line. I upgraded to Creator NXT Pro and now the text and effect are gone. The boxes are there but the information is gone. I tried restoring the file from a backup but this did not help. Any ideas on how to recover the information?

:angry:

Subman

It could well be the the project file from C2012 is not "compatible" with NXT. In the past, project files have not been compatible with newer versions of the program

I assume you are talking about the project files. If not then please clarify what file you are talking about.

I do not have NXT installed so cannot check. I still use C2012 since I found that NXT offered nothing really new or better

Yes, I am talking about the project files. I wish I hadn't upgraded. If you can't go back and edit a product after upgrading, then what the h?ll good is it. I need a product by Saturday or I would reload 2012 but I can't take the chance of loosing more time.

POOR QA WHILE DEVELOPING UPGRADE PRODUCTS.

Yes, I am talking about the project files. I wish I hadn't upgraded. If you can't go back and edit a product after upgrading, then what the h?ll good is it. I need a product by Saturday or I would reload 2012 but I can't take the chance of loosing more time.

POOR QA WHILE DEVELOPING UPGRADE PRODUCTS.

It has nothing to do with QA but is a design decision made by Roxio. Ask them why they made such a user unfriendly decision.