• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

lilinuyasha

The Mysterious Case Of "roxio Has Stopped Working"

Question

Oh, hello there. I am new to your wonderful community, but am having some frustrating problems recently. I have made 5-10 capture videos with Roxio and was very impressed with it. However, I recently tried to start it up again to fulfill my creativity yet again, when I get this error, seen in the picture. It will stop working for now reason. Odd, I thought to myself. After a few seconds, the black screen surrounds the error message as if it's still trying to go to the "Capture or edit" menu. After trying it again and again to no avail, I inserted the roxio disk and tried the "Reair" option, humming along to myself "Can we fix it! Probably not, but here goes anyway." I restarted my computer accordingly and I got the same error message. Strange. After trying that a few times, I simply uninstalled hte program and reinstalled it, and I'm STILL having the same problem. However, when I plug the USB in, it doesn't seem to recognize that Roxio is there. However, I should have still been able to go to the video editing software without a problem, right? I'm not exactly sure what's going on with it, I've read a few forums, but nothign seems to describe quite what I'm dealing with. I haven't called Tech support yet, since my warranty is well past done and there may be a simpler solution from the gurus here, full of love, tolerance, and acceptance of noobs like me, right?

*edit*

I've also tried nearly everything I could find, such as installing some windows driver from a pinned forum. I uninstalled the software, installed it back to the T, applied the update, restarted my computer multiple times, my computer recognizes that Roxio is plugged in, however, I still get the "stopped working" message and it's pissing me off. I've made 10 videos or so with it and it was a great product for what I wanted to use it for. However, I'm really upset that it decided to crap out after this, when it was kept in good condition, and not abused.

post-110087-0-15503700-1359492799_thumb.png

Edited by lilinuyasha

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet