• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
theLibrarian

Spin Doctor 1.0.1 On Mac Os10.8

Question

I am huge fan of the last version of the Roxio Spin Doctor product.

So when I updated my computer and updated to the new Toast 11 & Spin Doctor X, I was mildly impressed with the facelift but I'm running into some issues. Am I missing something?

- When I encode a record using my USB turntable it sounds great, looks great then when I import it to itunes it lops off the first 10 to 20 seconds... when I got back to the source its fine. I can save the source as an AIFF and import it in to iTunes manually and it sounds great so what gives am I doing something wrong?

- Also there is a wicked delay now that I'm having to adjust for. From the time the sound passes from the stylus to when I hear it. At first I thought it was a system thing so I restarted the computer, ran the permissions and defraged the computer and still acts all funky.

- None of the Filters are stored so I have to retweek each track

Any insite to these issues would be awesome

thanks

Edited by theLibrarian

5 answers to this question

Corel says that SpinDoctor X is not supported in OS 10.8. So anything that you get to work is a plus. The application was hugely buggy when released and Roxio failed to work on those bugs. It is a very poor application.

I am flabbergasted at the absolute USELESSNESS of this product. Shame on me for not reading the product reviews before being fool enough to purchase the pro version for my new Mac, but shame on this company for washing their hands completely by simply saying it's "incompatible" with 10.8 and doing NOTHING. Unbelievable. Crashes my machine the second I attempt a web audio capture. I feel cheated and VERY angry.

My guess is that Spin Doctor has reached its EOL and nothing may be posted that this is the case. Many companies use the new OS upgrade as a reason to simply let an application die a slow death. Just my 2 cents worth.

I have utilized the different versions of CD Spin Doctor for close to 8 years and transcribed over 2,000 jazz vinyl albums. It is sad that Roxio is selling a product that they tell you after the fact elements don't work with your current operating system, and they are not willing to refund your purchase. It also appears that there will be no upgrade to Spin Doctor for MAC Lion 10.8. I agree that Spin Doctor is probably at it's EOL. The question is; does anyone know of a reasonable substitute software package for Spin Doctor as well as TOAST? This is not a new trend for Roxio. I used JAM 6 an element of Toast years ago to great satisfaction. It disappeared as quickly as it appeared.