MonDrew

Managing Removed Clips

Question

Here is my scenario: I am editing a video that contains clips of my son and my daughter. When I cut clips of my son from the video, I would like to put them somewhere. Eventually, I would like to end up with all clips of my daughter on one hand and all of my son on the other.

This would be possible if I could start two instances of VideoWave and copy/past from one to the other.

Since I can run only one instance of VideoWave, what is the trick to do what I would like to do?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Here is my scenario: I am editing a video that contains clips of my son and my daughter. When I cut clips of my son from the video, I would like to put them somewhere. Eventually, I would like to end up with all clips of my daughter on one hand and all of my son on the other.

This would be possible if I could start two instances of VideoWave and copy/past from one to the other.

Since I can run only one instance of VideoWave, what is the trick to do what I would like to do?

Thanks!

Launch Videowave and add the "master "video containing the scenes of son and daughter

Then remove all scenes of your son from this video and Output (export) to a new video file and call it "Daughter"

Launch Videowave again and again add the "master" video.

Now delete all scenes with your daughter and output to a new video file and call it "Son"

You now have 2 videos containing scenes of only your son on the one hand and the other video contains only scenes with your daughter

Sorry Walt, just a clarification: and another suggestion.

Use the Windows commands to select all the ones you want to copy and then paste to put them in the other project project.

Depending on the videos you may also want to simply use the "scenes" in Video Wave. From the scenes, you can select the ones you want and make your projects from that. Watch this tutorial. It is from an earlier version but the basic process is the same.

Edited by sknis

Sorry Walt, just a clarification: and another suggestion.

Use the Windows commands to select all the ones you want to copy and then paste to put them in the other project project.

Depending on the videos you may also want to simply use the "scenes" in Video Wave. From the scenes, you can select the ones you want and make your projects from that. Watch this tutorial. It is from an earlier version but the basic process is the same.

How would you use Windows to "select and copy" scenes from a video file?

As to the "scenes" option, I would not rely on the option to separate the video into scenes containing only the son and only the daughter. You will still have to examine each scene

Edited by myguggi

You would have to close Videowave and relaunch i Videowave, wouldn't you? Would the copied clips remain in the clipboard?

As to the "scenes" option, I would not rely on the option to separate the video into scenes containing only the son and only the daughter. You will still have to examine each scene

No, Assuming that you saved the original project and selected the clips, you would just have to create a new project (which closes the original project) and paste the copied clips in that. You would then save it and then reopen the original project for the next set.

Yes, there is no way the scenes function would be that selective but you would really not have to do the above. You would just create a project and then add just the clips you want. Again it depends on the video clips and how different the scenes are.