Question

So i bought my hd pro and set it up and it worked perfectly fine for about 2 hours, then the visual input went and i only got sound, so i restarted everything and i got the signal protected message, with no input at all to the tv, and some fuzzy lines on the preview screen. I have tried changing lots of settings and reinstalling etc. i also tested it on different computers. There seems to be no fix for signal protected on an xbox???? I am starting to think that my hardware is broken...

Any help will be greatly appreciated as i am thinking of getting a refund after a week or 2 of trying to fix the problem.

8 answers to this question

Shut everything down and come back an hour later...

Without you providing any real details or specs no one is going to try to guess :huh:

There seems to be no fix for signal protected on an xbox????

What are you playing on the xbox when you get protected signal?

The only thing that is supposed to not be HDCP protected is games.

If you are playing anything else then there's a chance you're going to run in to this issue.

If you are playing a game and getting this then I'd suspect an issue with the XBox.

There is no fix for this.That's why you can't use an HDMI from a PS3.They are HDCP protected always.

I am playing games, call of duty black ops 2. You said it might be the xbox? It worked fine for about 2 hours so im not sure what could have gone wrong.

Is this definatly not a hardware problem? because if it isn't then a replacement wont help. Im sorry if im not explaining anything very clearly.

what details would you like me to give. ive literally tried everything over the course of a week so turning it off and on wont help :(

It would if there was an overheat issue :P

It worked for 2 hours then failed...

HDCP works full time when copy protected material is being played.

Soooo Post #2 is a valid test!