• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

golf25radioman

Some Recordings Xd Out-Not Available To Transfer

Question

I understand the copy protection on programs and inability to transfer them. But that should be across the board and not some shows of a series. I've successfully transferred, for instance Barrett-Jackson, that are now not. They have the circle with the diagonal line. Other shows in a series (same shows) have some Xd out and some not. I read all about the copy protection, but is there something new recently that has been implemented?

Thanks,

Tom

6 answers to this question

That does seem very odd. I wonder if restarting the TiVo would change anything. You might find some info at the AVS Forum.

The TiVo (XLHD) has been restarted many times (for various reasons) and the recordings mentioned still are the same. I know some can't be transferred , but I have one Barrett-Jackson episode I'd like to transfer in particular (a rare car I collect went over the block) and capture. I'll check the AVS forum. I doubt once a recording is X'd anything can be done. My only other option is to see if I can capture it via software from the TV. Thanks for the come back & suggestions.

Yes, you'll probably need to capture using something that connects to the analog video outputs of the TiVo. It's a mystery what that program is blocked from transfer.

Thanks for the reply. I'm doing some research on the subject. I'd really like to get this saved and burned, I only want the part of the episode that has to deal with the car I'm interested.

Any chance the program will be replayed so you can record it again?

Yeah, but will have to keep an eye out for it. There's nothing coming up. If it does come up I may program my TiVo Premier to record it. Not that the XL is the issue, and I may just record on both, but I really want to catch that segment.

Thanks for the suggestion. BTW, been doing some Googling on the issue too...