Sign in to follow this  
Dafster

No Display When 'roxio Game Capture Hd Pro' Is Plugged Into Tv And Pc

Question

Sorry, I had to re-post this as I accidentaly clicked 'problem solved' when I posted it before.

I've just bought a 'Roxio Game Capture HD Pro' to capture footage from my Wii U. The Wii U uses HDMI cables or the old Wii's AV cables and is NOT HDCP protected. I have seen videos on YouTube of people who are capturing from the Wii U using this device. They plug one end of the Wii U's HDMI cable into the output slot of the Wii U and the other end into the input slot of the game capture device. Another HDMI cable is used to go from the output of the capture device to the TV. Also, the capture device has a USB cord going from the output of the device to the PC.

SO, I have downloaded the software that came with the device and launched it in capture mode, plugged in all of the cords I mentioned above, the capture device lit up meaning that it was being powered and the software refreshed itself or loaded a bit to show that it had detected the device, I turned on my TV, switched to the HDMI input mode, turned on my Wii U, AND....nothing. There was nothing displayed in the capture software and nothing displayed on the TV. It also said: "No Signal" in the software like it did before I turned the Wii U on.

As I said before, I know this device works with Wii U, as I've seen YouTube videos of people who have done it. I did exactly what they did and it didn't work. I followed the same instructions as what it is said to do to capture from an Xbox 360, as it works the same way, still didn't work. As I mentioned, the Wii U isn't HDCP protected. I know it's not a problem with the software, because the Wii U isn't showing up on my TV either. I know that both of my HDMI cables are working as when I try plugging each one from the Wii U to the TV normally without the capture device, it works perfectly.

So the only thing I can think of is that the 'Roxio Game capture HD Pro' that I've got is broken, but I don't know for sure.

Can someone help me? Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Found and deleted the other posting, not a problem... ;) You can't live much farther South than where your at :huh:

So you say that everything on YouTube is the Truth? :lol:

Joking aside now! IF it were getting a Signal it would respond... If there were HDCP in it, it would show the signal but the Record would be blanked out and it would say Signal Protected...

What color is the No Signal???

Green = device not plugged in

Red = device recognized ~ but no signal to the device

If you open your Device Manager you must have this entry when the device is plugged in and NO other error or warning symbols present!

post-39730-0-51114500-1360067382_thumb.jpg

Any SCART adapter involved in the mix anywhere???

TRY something else for the source that has HDMI output you can test with, like a DVD or BD Player.

Lastly, here is the full proper repair process:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

With the Device Plugged in, go into Device Manager and uninstall it!

Remove the Device and set it aside for later.

Now insert your Roxio Disc - run Install.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Oh, great. It didn't work. I tried EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING YOU SAID! Nothing worked. NOTHING. And infact, it wasn't just this that stuffed up. When I installed this device and software, it uninstalled my previous capture card which recorded through AV cables. Now, every time I go back to using that, it doesn't recognize it. The software that it came with my old capture card was not associated with the card itself, so I can't re-install it using that and I can't install it just by plugging it in because it doesn't recognize it anymore. In other words, this Roxio Game Capture HD "Pro" has not only failed itself - it's stopped me from capturing from my other capture card!

I am a viral YouTuber and so not being able to record gameplay at all is DISASTOROUS. My channel is based around games and I have scheduled broadcasts on Twitch.TV each week, so I RELY on capture cards to capture from my games for me. Thanks a lot, Roxio Gamecap HD Pro. Now I'm going to have to fork out another couple of hundred dollars to get another capture card which ACTUALLY WORKS but until then, my channel is dead.

Forget trying to get this thing to work, I want a re-fund.

[snip]

Forget trying to get this thing to work, I want a re-fund.

This is a users forum. You will have to contact Roxio directly to get a refund.