• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Repair Option Seems To Not Be Available In Creator 2010

wade1953

Question

Hi, All...

I have been running Creator 2010 on my Dell Vostro laptop for three years. One of the primary things I have to do with it on a consistent basis is capture video from my Panasonic DVX-100 camera... I record legal videos. I use a direct firewire in from the camera into the laptop and all has gone well until recently when the Roxio software seemed to stop working.

I have tried reinserting the CD disc so I can select the "Repair" option. Problem is, instead of giving me the option to Repair... instead it asks for the CD Key code. This doesn't make sense. I have also had to do a repair on my other laptop ( a DELL XPS) with the Roxio 2010 Creator Pro... and it never asked me for the CD Key code when I did the repair function there.

Another problem here is, I have four laptops and I have installed Creator 2010 software on all of them.... so I am not sure which CD Key code goes with which laptop! Hence, it's not just a simple matter of finding the old envelope with the Key code and reentering it. So, why is Creator 2010 asking for a key code when all I want to do is a simple repair so I can start capturing footage again?

Any ideas?

WADE

10 answers to this question

Yes, I have bought Roxio Creator for 5 of my computers. How's that relevant?

It was four in your other post, "I have four laptops and I have installed Creator 2010 software on all of them"

Relevant? C2010 doesn't ask for a CD Key when you run repair so something smells fishy to me.

Give it one of your CD Keys when it asks.

I spoke in error. I have Creator 2011 Special Edition installed. "Fishy" ?! Little harsh... People don't sign on here and ask for assistance to to be be deceitful or labeled. Let's keep it friendly here, okay?

Yes. I have various versions of Roxio Creator installed on a number of different working computers. All bought and paid for. I am a great customer. So I have earned the right to ask questions.

Steve, thanks for the helpful advice. I did restore to an earlier time but it still didn't help; Anytime I try to open any application in Creator I get the following Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library message: "RUNTIME ERROR! Program:C;/Program files/Roxio/VideoUI/VideoWave13.exe - This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." Additionally, Steve, I took your advice and installed Belarc. It gave me a whole list of Roxio Software Licenses for various Creator apps such as Cineplayer, Creator Audio, Creator Tools, etc. I assume the key I am looking for is the one that says: 'ROXIO-CREATOR 2011 SPECIAL EDITON?'

I spoke in error. I have Creator 2011 Special Edition installed. "Fishy" ?! Little harsh... People don't sign on here and ask for assistance to to be be deceitful or labeled. Let's keep it friendly here, okay?

I am keeping it friendly.

Now it's a different version and a different error your reporting?

I've never owned C2011 special addition but I doubt it asks for a CD Key when it's installed and you try to run repair.

To find your CD Key on any Roxio installed product follow this path to them.

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Roxio Log Files

Look through the SONIC_SETUP.LOG for the product you need the CD Key for.

post-97-0-36573000-1360629239_thumb.jpg

Edited by cdanteek

Hi, Steve:

Following up... Here is what I have done so far: 1), I attempted to repair Creator 2011 SE via the repair key option. Did so. Result: Negative. Still not possible to capture via Roxio USB device. 2). Did a complete uninstall and reinstall (using the installation disc - (I was able to retrieve the Key Code). Result: Negative. Still not possible to capture via Roxio USB capture device. When I hit the capture key - it does nothing. Other functions DO work, however... VideoWave and MYDVD DO open. I thought of trying to capture via the backdoor method by opening VideoWave and selecting "capture Video" from the menu there.... again to no avail. I have also tried to see if capture will work with a firewire IEEE 1994 cable from the camera. NO dice. Wont' capture USB or firewire. Won't open. Any ideas?

Thanks!