Game Capture On Standard Def Tv

crabbejo

Question

Hi, just bought the game capture for my son to use on his standard def old TV.

I've set it up like videos I found on youtube, with the component (RGB) from the Xbox into the Roxio card and the composite audio (white and red) leads from the Xbox also into the Roxio card. I then have the composite video (yellow) straight into the TV. Finally, I've got audio red & white from the output side of the roxio straight into the tv.

When I have the roxio software settings on 480i/576i and the Xbox cable switch on TV, I get no picture on the TV, but sound. I get sound and fuzzy picture on the roxio.

If I change the Xbox cable switch to HD, I get picture and sound on the TV, but only sound on the Roxio.

Anyone any ideas if this even should work (seems to work in the youtube videos, but I guess they're different TV's) and if so where I'm going wrong?

3 answers to this question

Hi, just bought the game capture for my son to use on his standard def old TV.

I've set it up like videos I found on youtube, with the component (RGB) from the Xbox into the Roxio card and the composite audio (white and red) leads from the Xbox also into the Roxio card. I then have the composite video (yellow) straight into the TV. Finally, I've got audio red & white from the output side of the roxio straight into the tv.

When I have the roxio software settings on 480i/576i and the Xbox cable switch on TV, I get no picture on the TV, but sound. I get sound and fuzzy picture on the roxio.

If I change the Xbox cable switch to HD, I get picture and sound on the TV, but only sound on the Roxio.

Anyone any ideas if this even should work (seems to work in the youtube videos, but I guess they're different TV's) and if so where I'm going wrong?

Let me guess your in the UK and SCART connector is involved?

Let me guess your in the UK and SCART connector is involved?

Yeah, I'm in the UK and I have the yellow video output from the xbox composite going to a scart along with red/white audio from the capture card. Seems to work as this setup for some users on youtube. Is uk system a problen for this?

Yeah, I'm in the UK and I have the yellow video output from the xbox composite going to a scart along with red/white audio from the capture card. Seems to work as this setup for some users on youtube. Is uk system a problen for this?

Some use a type of scart device that won't work. I live in the US and have never seen a scart device except a pic of one on Amazon and such.

Have you checked everything else including the correct drivers installed showing in device manager under, Sound Game and Video Controllers, anything showing under Other Devices?