• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

I have used Creator 2009 successfully for a long time. When I bought a new computer with Windows 7, it didn't function, so I bought Creator NXT PRO. When I add an .mpg video file in Videowave there is no audio, even though it plays perfectly well with audio in Windows Media Player.

I have even tried .mpg video files that I have previously made in to DVDs successfully with Creator 2009 - but still no audio.

Can anybody suggest why this might be happening and how I can resolve this issue?

15 answers to this question

When you say VideoWave, you are refering to Edit Video - Advanced???

As opposed to an Authored DVD from Create DVD?

Is there any warning message when the file is added, something about AC3 Audio?

Where do these source files come from???

Using Edit Video Advanced, Videowave, I loaded .mpg files made by Roxio back to C2009 Ultimate into Creator NXT Videowave with no problems.

You could post us a small sample .mpg file on a free file hosting site like upfordown here, http://www.upfordown.com/

Then provide us with a link to the file to test?

Yes Jim, I open Edit Video Advanced. Videowave opens and I add video. No warning comes up about AC3 audio. The source files come from my sony camcorder and, as I said, files that I had previously used in Creator 2009 to make successful DVDs play with no audio in the preview pane of Videowave on my new PC with NXT Pro. All of my files play perfectly well with audio in Windows Media Player, so I know the audio is there.

I have checked that the volume is not muted in Videowave.

In the Production Editor Timeline View at the bottom of the screen, I show Internal Tracks - Native Audio and there is a green line. When I click on this, Audio Editor opens and I can manipulate the green line but still no sound coming out.

Any suggestions?

Why don't you make a short, 5 - 10 sec video of your TV running and post it like cd suggested...

This way we can download the raw file from your camcorder and take a look at it!

ALSO if you do a couple of screen caps for us (posting info HERE)

I would like to see one from Windows Explorer, showing the Details of one of your files:

post-39730-0-87105100-1360859493_thumb.jpg

Then do another after loading the same file into VideoWave:

post-39730-0-63660500-1360859496_thumb.jpg

Interesting...

I get no Audio with that everywhere I tried it :huh:

The DivX Player at least gave me a clue:

post-39730-0-29982900-1360879444_thumb.jpg

That may or may not be correct, error messages are issued based on a programs best guess of the problem :lol:

I will do some more fiddling and welcome others to chime in too!

For the downloaded clip, I get no audio with any player I have not even WMP which the OP says plays the audio Ok.

The audio envelope in VW shows a straight line indicating there is no audio info in that file.

For the downloaded clip, I get no audio with any player I have not even WMP which the OP says plays the audio Ok.

The audio envelope in VW shows a straight line indicating there is no audio info in that file.

Same for me. GSpot says there is an audio ACC codec associated with the video clip. I tired two different converters, a couple different formats and a couple of video editors and got no audio at all.

I have used Creator 2009 successfully for a long time. When I bought a new computer with Windows 7, it didn't function, so I bought Creator NXT PRO. When I add an .mpg video file in Videowave there is no audio, even though it plays perfectly well with audio in Windows Media Player.

I have even tried .mpg video files that I have previously made in to DVDs successfully with Creator 2009 - but still no audio.

Can anybody suggest why this might be happening and how I can resolve this issue?

I tried it in C2011 Pro, VLC, WMP, CybrLnk Power DVD 9, Creative MediaSource Player, and no audio.

Power DVD says this,

post-97-0-27630500-1360885785_thumb.jpg

Hi Everybody and thanks for your input.

Firstly, I apologise for the clip I posted on upfordown. I used Creator NXT PRO to shorten my clip but didn't check to see if the clip played in WMP. After your comments yesterday, I found that it doesn't.

So today I have shortened the clip using Windows Movie Maker. Saved Movie (for computer) in Movie Maker, which saves the clip as an MPEG4 file and, hey presto, I can now hear the audio when I import this clip in to Videowave. Seems a long way of going about things but it seems to work.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance - I really appreciate it!

Same for me. GSpot says there is an audio ACC codec associated with the video clip. I tired two different converters, a couple different formats and a couple of video editors and got no audio at all.

My GSpot indicates an AC3 codec was involved, but running through codec solutions it cites the Sonic Cinemaster ® Audio Decoder 4.3 and claims it can render the audio. It appears to be playing when I hit button 3 and test play the clip, but nothing is heard.

Keep in mind that Greeglass said that it does work with his Creator 2009...

Anyone have 2009 installed?

Yes, Creator 2009 Ultimate. It has Cineplayer 5.0 installed and plays the clip, but nothing is heard. C2009 doesn't install a Cinemaster, or in fact any Roxio or Sonic audio codec. I can't find a download for Sonic Cinemaster ® Audio Decoder 4.3.

Greenglass,

I take it you have an original clip, and first time you used NXT to shorten it, and got no audio. That one was the clip you posted for us?

Next time you fed the original clip to Movie Maker and shortened it, and saved it as an MP4, and that was fine?

Can you tell me please, if you feed the clip that was shortened by NXT into Movie Maker does Movie Maker find any audio in it? [preview or saving to MP4] ? I'm trying to find out if NXT outputs it with an odd codec, or just with no audio at all.

Thanks,

Brendon

Hi Everybody and thanks for your input.

Firstly, I apologise for the clip I posted on upfordown. I used Creator NXT PRO to shorten my clip but didn't check to see if the clip played in WMP. After your comments yesterday, I found that it doesn't.

So today I have shortened the clip using Windows Movie Maker. Saved Movie (for computer) in Movie Maker, which saves the clip as an MPEG4 file and, hey presto, I can now hear the audio when I import this clip in to Videowave. Seems a long way of going about things but it seems to work.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance - I really appreciate it!

Sorry, I did not make it clear enough that I wanted you to make a New Clip of 5 to 10 seconds length with your camcorder and post it -_- That way we would have the 'raw' file to look at.

Hi Brendon

The short clip (which was shortened using NXT PRO and which I posted) plays without audio in Movie Maker (both in the preview and after saving the movie for computer in mp4).

However, if I import the original video in to Movie Maker - it plays with audio. If I trim this using Movie Maker, it plays with audio.

Hi Brendon

The short clip (which was shortened using NXT PRO and which I posted) plays without audio

Thanks very much. I'll stop dissecting it now. [grin]

Brendon