• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Changing Profile To 1080I For Ps3 Capture?

MrFreeman

Question

Greetings,

I am currently using a setup of a PS3, a 3rd Party Component Cable, the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro device, and an ASUS G74SX laptop [specs] and am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and am using the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro software build 101B35A ENU.

I have followed the guide several times, and all my display settings on the PS3 console are correct, however I am not able to choose 1080i as a profile option using the Game Capture HD Pro software. The only available options are 480 and HD 720.

The component cable was a clearance item at one point, and is from a brand I've never heard of (It does not label itself on the cable itself, but it uses a finger print as a logo) but I don't think that should affect the devices ability to capture, should it? The passthrough is displaying just fine.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

~MrFreeman

Edited by MrFreeman

7 answers to this question

Sorrry, I know cd has been a bit busy lately...

Your Question centers around not being able to set a higher resolution within the RGC Software during Capture, correct???

You are sure that the Game you are playing is 1080? (it won't set higher than what it receives)

I know I can never get it over 720 when using a DVD Player as the Source w/HDMI...

But when I hook up my camcorder w/HDMI, I can go to 1080:

post-39730-0-93366500-1361709307_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim_Hardin

You are sure that the Game you are playing is 1080? (it won't set higher than what it receives)

I.... I don't even know what to say... I grabbed every game box I own, and lo and behold, none of them put out more than 720p.... I feel like I overlooked one of the simpelest solutions ever. The resolution support of the game never occured to me for some reason, I guess because I think I notice a diffrence on my games when they run at 1080 vs 720? Oh well. Knowing this, maybe I can now tweak settings to get a nicer picture for my games.

Thank you very much for your support, and I apologize on behalf of my GROSS oversight!

~MrFreeman

I.... I don't even know what to say... I grabbed every game box I own, and lo and behold, none of them put out more than 720p.... I feel like I overlooked one of the simpelest solutions ever. The resolution support of the game never occured to me for some reason, I guess because I think I notice a diffrence on my games when they run at 1080 vs 720? Oh well. Knowing this, maybe I can now tweak settings to get a nicer picture for my games.

Thank you very much for your support, and I apologize on behalf of my GROSS oversight!

~MrFreeman

At least you came back and posted the error!

More than most do.. ;)