Authoring Dvd's

David Frazier

Question

I am looking into puchasing Toast and I haven't been able to find an answer to my question anywhere. I want to make sure the software does what I need it to do before I buy it.

I am looking for a DVD authoring solution for movies. I used to use iDVD on a mac, but I realized it converts all video files to 30fps (NTSC). I shoot my films in 24fps.

When authoring a DVD in Toast, does it convert my movies to 30fps or will it keep them at 24fps?

Thanks so much for the responses!

5 answers to this question

I am looking into puchasing Toast and I haven't been able to find an answer to my question anywhere. I want to make sure the software does what I need it to do before I buy it.

I am looking for a DVD authoring solution for movies. I used to use iDVD on a mac, but I realized it converts all video files to 30fps (NTSC). I shoot my films in 24fps.

When authoring a DVD in Toast, does it convert my movies to 30fps or will it keep them at 24fps?

Thanks so much for the responses!

I use iDVD all the time for both 30 and 24 fps. You just need to remember to set it to PAL. Navigate thusly: iDVD > Preferences > PAL.