• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
David Frazier

Authoring Dvd's

Question

I am looking into puchasing Toast and I haven't been able to find an answer to my question anywhere. I want to make sure the software does what I need it to do before I buy it.

I am looking for a DVD authoring solution for movies. I used to use iDVD on a mac, but I realized it converts all video files to 30fps (NTSC). I shoot my films in 24fps.

When authoring a DVD in Toast, does it convert my movies to 30fps or will it keep them at 24fps?

Thanks so much for the responses!

5 answers to this question

Toast will convert them to 30 fps. The only way it retains 24 fps is when those are already MPEG 2 format before adding to Toast. In that case Toast can be instructed to Never Re-encode and doesn't modify the MPEG 2 video when authoring a DVD.

I am looking into puchasing Toast and I haven't been able to find an answer to my question anywhere. I want to make sure the software does what I need it to do before I buy it.

I am looking for a DVD authoring solution for movies. I used to use iDVD on a mac, but I realized it converts all video files to 30fps (NTSC). I shoot my films in 24fps.

When authoring a DVD in Toast, does it convert my movies to 30fps or will it keep them at 24fps?

Thanks so much for the responses!

I use iDVD all the time for both 30 and 24 fps. You just need to remember to set it to PAL. Navigate thusly: iDVD > Preferences > PAL.

I use iDVD all the time for both 30 and 24 fps. You just need to remember to set it to PAL. Navigate thusly: iDVD > Preferences > PAL.

PAL is 25 fps.