Drag To Disk Problem

jahorn

Question

Just installed update to 7.5 CD-ROM version in hopes of curing drag to drop problems. Here's the situation: Using Drag to Drop initially works fine with CD. However, when I ask Drag to Drop to Eject Disk, I get the return message: "The recorder is busy. Please try again later." No matter what I do or how long I wait, I continue to get the same message. I can still add new files, I just can't get DtoD to eject.

The problem is that if I physically use the eject button on the device, I get the same screen message and then the disk ejects a few moments later. On reinserting the disk, Drag to Disk does not recognize there is a disk in the drive. Then I shut down Drag to Disk, restart it, reinsert the disk, and while yes, it does recognize the disk and sees the files, it tells me the disk is now Write Protected!

My settings on eject are set to: Use the Disc in this Computer Only and Show the eject dialog before ejecting a disk.

Help!!!! Thanks for reading this and I welcome any and all helpful advice.

2 answers to this question

Just installed update to 7.5 CD-ROM version in hopes of curing drag to drop problems. Here's the situation: Using Drag to Drop initially works fine with CD. However, when I ask Drag to Drop to Eject Disk, I get the return message: "The recorder is busy. Please try again later." No matter what I do or how long I wait, I continue to get the same message. I can still add new files, I just can't get DtoD to eject.

The problem is that if I physically use the eject button on the device, I get the same screen message and then the disk ejects a few moments later. On reinserting the disk, Drag to Disk does not recognize there is a disk in the drive. Then I shut down Drag to Disk, restart it, reinsert the disk, and while yes, it does recognize the disk and sees the files, it tells me the disk is now Write Protected!

My settings on eject are set to: Use the Disc in this Computer Only and Show the eject dialog before ejecting a disk.

Help!!!! Thanks for reading this and I welcome any and all helpful advice.

I don't have Drag to Disc installed, and never will have packet writing software on my computer, due to it being unreliable/unstable at best.

But, as I recall, D2D doesn't actually write to your disc, until you press the eject button. Why, I don't know.

I don't have Drag to Disc installed, and never will have packet writing software on my computer, due to it being unreliable/unstable at best.

But, as I recall, D2D doesn't actually write to your disc, until you press the eject button. Why, I don't know.

I'd suggest for future reference, since you probablyhave WinXP to run the program anyway, simply right-click, and "send-to" the burner drive (with a BLANK blank disc in it) and follow the prompts for the WinXP burning system. It writes as if drag-and-drop, but uses the much safer Sessions - as my software guru observed, Microsoft didn't want to have to deal with the unreliability lof Packet Writing.

Lynn

Archived