• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Mister D.

Capture Device Off When It Is Actually Connected (Roxio Game Capture Hd Pro For Xbox 360)

Question

Hi my name is Marco i'm a client from Italia.

My English is not strong but I can make myself understood.

I can not understand though why Roxio game capture hd pro does not work (place a picture of what comes out)

It makes me very angry because I have followed the various discussions in the forums, and still nothing happens.

Can you give me an explanation?

post-110767-0-24334400-1361523950_thumb.jpg

16 answers to this question

It is too blury to read but it looks as though your Status is saying in red, No Signal???

The Red color indicates that it has recognized the RGC Device but the device is not receiving a signal...

Please describe your setup from you Game Console to the Device - in detail!

I connect the hdmi cable in roxio where it says input after I connect to xbox 360, then take another hdmi cable and connect the roxio where it says output and then connect it to the TV

That part looks OK, and you do have the Xbox set to HDMI output?

Looking at a translator and I see that "no signal" should translate to "nessun segnale"...

As I mentioned, your picture is too blurred to make out, but that does not look like what is in your picture???

But the Input box is blank as well... I think the next step for you is to hook up something else to test the device.

Anything you have that has a HDMI or Component OUTPUT. - a DVD or BD Player would be good.

I've had the same problems, these fixed them:

1). Did you plug in your roxio card BEFORE you installed the program? Try replugging it and it should work. If that didn't work,

2). Set your Xbox's display to 720p in the system options. The roxio card cannot read/display 1080p.

Good luck!

FOR ROOKIE : I tried as you said but the roxio will not work, It always write the same phrase: "capture device disabled" ... do you know how can I do? my impression is that the roxio does not detect the output of hdmi cable .. if you can help I'd be happy

OR JIM HARDIN: it doesn't translate in " no signal " but in "capture device disabled" and i don't know what to do

Oh Yes, that is a completely different issue from Nessun Segnale!!!

The link cd provided is what we would suggest for that, Post # 25.

I hope that will do the trick for you!

Reread post number 8 in this thread and answer it please?

Edited by cdanteek

The Driver is in place but the Device is not being recognized by the software...

The red message does look different, dispositive di??? And the Error message, "impossibile selezionare dispositivo video" (cannot select video device)

I would suggest unplugging it and running the Repair Process again.

Not a problem!

Your Picture in Post #12 indicates the device driver is properly installed.

It also indicates that Windows has recognized that the device is plugged in.

And we do not see any warnings or errors in your Device Manager.

This is all Good!

But the Status and error you show in Post # 10 are different from that shown in your Post # 1.

From that I would conclude that the Roxio Software is not recognizing the Device.

To fix that, I suggest 2 things.

One: Try all of your different USB Ports

Two: Perform the Repair Process.

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc (download version - run Install)

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I just did everything you told me, but now when it is open always tells me capture device disconnected and just try to click on any option, the program crashes ... could you please send me a video with all the steps I should follow? please I'm going crazy looking for a solution

because if I can not find a solution I think I will call the company that sold it to me and return it

(In the first post I meant exactly this problem but I expressed myself badly because of my bad english sorry)

I am sorry that it is not working out for you!

You may want to consider an Exchange, as the Device itself may be at fault.

But a refund after all this may be what you need ;)