• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Not Accepting Blank Dvds At Burn Stage

ajsnr1

Question

hi folks ,

i have been trying to copy a home dvd to make another copy i have tried copy disc and create image file . it reads the original disc no problem but at the burn stage it keeps rejecting the blank dvds after a min or two. i have tried dvd-r dvd+r and dvd - rw. i am using roxio creator De 10.2 it came preinstalled on my dell desktop. OS win 7 32bit, Optiarc DVD+_RW AD 7200a ATA device any help and advice greatly appreciated

• Like 1

16 answers to this question

hi folks ,

i have been trying to copy a home dvd to make another copy i have tried copy disc and create image file . it reads the original disc no problem but at the burn stage it keeps rejecting the blank dvds after a min or two. i have tried dvd-r dvd+r and dvd - rw. i am using roxio creator De 10.2 it came preinstalled on my dell desktop. OS win 7 32bit, Optiarc DVD+_RW AD 7200a ATA device any help and advice greatly appreciated

IS this what you have (link)?

Unfortunately, Dell has specified modifications the program for their use. In doing so, they took on the responsibility to technically support the program - they will tell you differently but don't believe them. Try contacting them to see what they say. They also have a very active users forum that may be of help.

Most of us on this forum have the full version so we don't know much about the modified program.

Edited by sknis

sknis

regards your link thats the one alright and with regards to the dell forum ill try there if i get no joy here first thanks for your reply

cdanteek

As far as im aware its unencryptrd , its one i made using a stand alone dvd recorder /player of a vhs tape of the kids in a stage show.and im trying to make copies of that for their mates i cant redo it from the original vhs as its gone awol. When i open the dvd it has two files video ts and audio ts. i tried copy disc and create image and it does that no problem its when i get to burning stage thats when nothing happens , i insert a compatible blank dvd it spins in the drive for about a minute and then spits it out asking me to insert a blank dvd again. i have tried different format dvds as well with no joy any advise greatfully accepted thank you

d_deweywright

thanks not the news i was looking for but so be it is there any diagnostic tool i can use to know for sure that you know of ? i ran dells diagnostic on the dvd drive yesterday and it reported all ok but i dont think it physically checks the burning mode so probably as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. just a question with regard to the power aspect do you reckon the fault will be in the drive itself or on the motherboard , the reason im asking is if i buy a new drive will it have the same problem or is there any way of knowing once again thanks for your input

:(

but at the burn stage it keeps rejecting the blank dvds after a min or two. i have tried dvd-r dvd+r and dvd - rw.

What is the original disc DVD +RW?

Does the original disc play in a settop DVD Player, a different one not the Phillips that burned it?

Makes me think your DVD is recorded in some sort of VR mode? Anyway to check if the disc is closed?

Can you go here and click the green arrow, download it and burn it as a data disc?

http://www.digital-digest.com/movies/dayaftertomorrow.html

• Like 1

If it is a drive/laser problem, a new drive will fix that. That's not dependent on the motherboard for how well the laser works. The motherboard/processor is only supplying data to the drive, which then handles the actual write to disc. Fortunately, new DVD burners are pretty cheap, not like the $1200 I spend on my first 2X speed CD burner. :P

• Like 1

Dave D-W

thanks bud

you sound like me in at the start bought my first 42 inch plasma screen it cost 2500 at the time get one here now for 350, when will i learn to wait ha ha

thanks for all your help im going to give it one more try and resign my self to a visit to the store

best wishes from ireland

cdanteek

hi done as you asked and it went through the motions of burning disc but the dvd was still blank and also was cold when it was ejected its usually warm after burning so i can therefore assume the drive is a doorstop yes? thanks for all you assistance sorry for wasting your time folks. ps sorry for underline wont turn off not my day eh