• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Install Creator Nxt On New Pc

ljsaw

Question

I purchased Creator NXT in October 2012. I used it for a couple of months when my computer died. I have new PC and tried to install the software but it quits with no errors or other messages after clicking INSTALL (after accepting Product Key and location). I was able to find out that it happens becasue Roxio doesn't allow second installation and software was registered on the old PC. I tried calling support but there is no support. I am always redirected to the website which tells me to pay $19 for new Service Code. There is no way I will pay for ability to install the software on my new computer. I need sobemebody to ublock the license for new installation or I will fight to get my money back. I am sick and tired of explaining the problem to customer support in India which either hangs up in the middle of conversation or are telling me flat out that they will not help me. Just for the referrence, I have Win7 Home Premium 64-bit and full admin rights.

8 answers to this question

I have new PC and tried to install the software but it quits with no errors or other messages after clicking INSTALL (after accepting Product Key and location). I was able to find out that it happens becasue Roxio doesn't allow second installation and software was registered on the old PC.

Not true if it's a bought Retail product!

Getting installation log files, http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/69563-getting-installation-log-files/

Posting log text files on the Roxio site, http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74120-posting-a-picturescreen-cap-on-roxio/

I may have replied to the wrong place. Sorry, this is the first time for me on this forum. I will retype my reply again then.

It is a retail copy purchased from Roxio online store. I looked at the log file and found errors referring to dotNET Framework. I reinstalled it but now Roxio Installer tells me that software was installed too many times and cannot validate the product. I attached the log file. It still has a lot of errors.

ROXIO_SETUP.txt

Edited by ljsaw

I may have replied to the wrong place. Sorry, this is the first time for me on this forum. I will retype my reply again then.

It is a retail copy purchased from Roxio online store. I looked at the log file and found errors referring to dotNET Framework. I reinstalled it but now Roxio Installer tells me that software was installed too many times and cannot validate the product. I attached the log file. It still has a lot of errors.

ROXIO_SETUP.txt

Roxio NXT does have a limit on how many times you can install it, but it is more than 2 times. Contact them directly, and let them know the situation, and ask them if they will reset the number for allowable installation tries.

There is nobody I can reach on the phone or via e-mail. The only support I was able to reach was customer support in India. They tell me to look for an answer online and when I try to explain what is the problem they hang up. I spent hours trying to explain what I need with no results. The only option online to get the support is this forum or to pay $19 for new Support Code. There is no way I will pay for ability to reinstall the software that cost me over $70 three months ago. Does anyone know how to reach somebody at Roxio?

Roxio NXT does have a limit on how many times you can install it, but it is more than 2 times. Contact them directly, and let them know the situation, and ask them if they will reset the number for allowable installation tries.

His two, the log file says 10.

Use the contact us link, https://shop.roxio.c...US&SiteID=sonic

&LANG=ENU&type=30&SC=21830

02/28/13 17:21:47 - Install Count: 10

02/28/13 17:21:47 - Install Left: 0

02/28/13 17:21:47 - Install Resets: 0

02/28/13 17:21:47 - Status Message: Key has been used too many times

02/28/13 17:21:58 - The key could not be validated online:

02/28/13 17:22:29 - Checking validity of key 'Dca/8eb55eg9D6Aqu+4v4DaFRXMWxuoO

'

&LANG=ENU&type=30&SC=21974

02/28/13 17:22:29 - Install Count: 10

02/28/13 17:22:29 - Install Left: 0

02/28/13 17:22:29 - Install Resets: 0

02/28/13 17:22:29 - Status Message: Key has been used too many times

02/28/13 17:22:30 - The key could not be validated online:

02/28/13 17:22:39 - Caught thrown long 0

Edited by cdanteek

Thank you for the links. I will try them.

The software was installed (successfully) once on my old PC. Then it died and I tried installing it on another PC. Every attempt failed after I clicked Install (after accepting license). It just quit without any messages or errors. I was trying different things like disabling the firewall, antivirus, etc. and that is why the count went up to 10 but it never installed. Now, that I looked into the log file, I can see errors related to dotNET Framework. I reinstalled it but I can't try another installation to see if that helped because I have reached install limit. I will see if I can get the vendor to reset the count.

Not to push too far, but were you able to see anything informative (other than the install count) in the log file that may be causing the installation to fail? Once again, I really appreciate your help.