• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Vhs To Dvd

ColinHotspur

Question

I am trying to plug and burn from a camcorder to DVD using easy VHS to DVD. It worked ok with the first tape but now the capture seems to freeze after a few minutes and when I try to close the program it gives a message unknown capture error. Can anyone advise what I need to do to get this to work. I tried capturing a video direct to the PC but it took about 13 GB of memory and now won't transfer to a DVD.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

I am trying to plug and burn from a camcorder to DVD using easy VHS to DVD. It worked ok with the first tape but now the capture seems to freeze after a few minutes and when I try to close the program it gives a message unknown capture error. Can anyone advise what I need to do to get this to work. I tried capturing a video direct to the PC but it took about 13 GB of memory and now won't transfer to a DVD.

Thanks

How long (time) was the 13 Gb file? Remember that you can put just about an hour of video onto a single layer DVD. If the capture is longer, then the quality of the result will be poorer.

How long has it been since you did any real maintenance on your computer. Clean out temp and tmp file and defrag? When did you last reboot the computer?

Three things:

1) Download and install the free programs - CCleaner to clean up your computer (don't use the Registry Cleaner part) and download a good free defragger. You can find both and more here (link)

2) Post the information on your computer via this method. Read the instructions carefully and attach the results (not copy and paste).

3) Make sure you are using good quality DVDs -- no store brands, no Memorex. Try using Verbatim or Sony . The best is JVC TaiyoYuden but those are for purchase on-line only

My first guess is that your computer needs the maintenance. The second is cheap brand DVD. Unless you made some recent changes to your computer.

I am trying to plug and burn from a camcorder to DVD

No one here advises using plug and burn!

Use record edit and save, then burn to a disc, much safer doing one thing at a time.

Stay off the PC while the program is doing its work.

Edited by cdanteek

Yes, clean up those files by running CCleaner. Do't use the Registry part of it. If you are not comfortable downloading and running a free program, Right click on your c: drive, select properties and then select to clean up your hard drive.

You wouldn't want to drive a car without maintenance, would you? Maintenance is important. I noticed that some of your drivers are very old. I haven't looked but I bet there are some updating you can do for your video and audio devices. Need some help there?