Question

Hi guys, so i got the roxio capture hd pro for the WII U after seeing reviews and such, and well...

im in a bit of bother, i installed the drivers and cd stuff, and can get passed the capture and edit part, but when i try to actually capture my wii u, it says, (not responding) and it will stay like that unless i take the lead out or force reset my computer.

i read a little on this site but cant find any thing, i tried re installing the disc, searching for repairs ect..

1 last thing to note, it says when i install that the servers are not responding, is that usually a problem? or is roxio having a down time?

any help would be great thanx in advanced

p.p.s i have a high end computer that's the only reason i decided to get this cap card.

Edited by whenlinkattacks
  • Like 1

8 answers to this question

Because it isn't installed right...

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc (download version - run Install)

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

just did what you said, and still get the (Not Responding) when capture, i went into the check for updates and i think mine is a 1.0, because that's what i see in the top left, i cant actually get the 1.1 patch, and i don't know why it keeps on giving me the product registration thing every time i start it up, along with

"Our servers are not responding. We apologize for the inconvenience, please try again at a later time"

p.s the editor works perfectly, i can edit toons and other stuff i got on my comp, its just the capture software, is there another software i can use? or what?.

thanks again for your time jim

• Like 1

I don't think there has ever been any update to fix your type of problem.

Open Capture, click on Help - About to see what SP you have:

post-39730-0-79075900-1362260467_thumb.jpg

To make sure I understand correctly, if you start the Capture app, you get the Preview and the green 'Ready' indication, like this:

post-39730-0-72518800-1362260573_thumb.jpg

WHEN do you get the "not responidng" error?

Edited by Jim_Hardin

ok so this is my sp:

ojpcw7.png

then i get as far as to screen shot and see the wii u on my pc like this:

30jobh2.png

and then as soon as i press capture it goes like this:

14w6etj.png

i waited up to half n hour to check if it was just loading but it was almost like an actual crash, it wasn't coming back from it.

i dont know weather to send it back or search for another software that runs it so i can stream to my friends :/

• Like 1