Question

So, I have only owned this cap card for a day and I am having all these issues...

1) Video/audio is a second behind on my computer while recording.

2) Most of the time the preview does not even show up.

3) I just recently made a video where everything starts out fine, then the audio keeps going but the picture just goes black.

I've updated my cap. card to the lastest version and my laptop meets the requirements, so how do I fix the issues I'm having?

14 answers to this question

Oh, then you found your software???

What is your Windows Performance Experance number? (Win-Pause)

FREE HDD space?

PC Specs?

What is your setup?

Oh, then you found your software???

What is your Windows Performance Experance number? (Win-Pause)

FREE HDD space?

PC Specs?

What is your setup?

Yep, it was placed weirdly in the packaging..

listing the specs in the order you posted the questions.

220 GB

Intel B830

4GB RAM

WIn. 8 64-bit

Good! Nothing grabs my attention there...

And the gaming setup?

I agree on the packaging, like the disc was an afterthought :lol:

Yep, it was placed weirdly in the packaging..

listing the specs in the order you posted the questions.

220 GB

Intel B830

4GB RAM

WIn. 8 64-bit

Searching your Intel B830 takes me to a Intel Celeron processor under Minimum System Requirements!

Good! Nothing grabs my attention there...

And the gaming setup?

I agree on the packaging, like the disc was an afterthought :lol:

All hdmi. I have a wii u plugged into the input and my TV to the output.

Searching your Intel B830 takes me to a Intel Celeron processor under Minimum System Requirements!

Can you please explain how?

All hdmi. I have a wii u plugged into the input and my TV to the output.

Can you please explain how?

Minimum System Requirements:

Microsoft Windows® 8, 7, Vista™ SP2, XP (SP3 for 32 bit & SP2 for 64 bit), Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 64 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=Intel+B830

Minimum System Requirements:

Microsoft Windows® 8, 7, Vista™ SP2, XP (SP3 for 32 bit & SP2 for 64 bit), Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 64 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM

http://www.intel.com...word=Intel B830

So, lets see if I understand what you are trying to point out.... The cap. card only works on a Duo Processor. If I am wrong and my processor is just weaker than standards, please break it down for me so I can further understand.

So, lets see if I understand what you are trying to point out.... The cap. card only works on a Duo Processor. If I am wrong and my processor is just weaker than standards, please break it down for me so I can further understand.

Are you funning with me?

A Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or above.

A Celeron has been a substandard CPU for over fifteen years.

Bottom of the barrel, Bush Light compared to Bud heavy...

Hows that for "breaking it down for me so I can further understand" ?

Are you funning with me?

A Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or above.

A Celeron has been a substandard CPU for over fifteen years.

Bottom of the barrel, Bush Light compared to Bud heavy...

Hows that for "breaking it down for me so I can further understand" ?

Thank you. and please, learn some respect for others. People aren't as tech savy as others. Please think about that before you speak like that again... I found that EXTREMELY disrespectful.. Especially when all I am trying to do is get some help with this #$^@ thing.

• Like 1

"Alledged Disrespect" is always the last argument of those caught flat footed :lol:

CD found your problem ~ I intended to look up that processor later to confim, but he beat me to it ;)

He is also something of a hardware expert and one who does not suffer a lot of questions for something when it can be looked wtih a mouse click!

Sorry it is not going to work out for you...

"Alledged Disrespect" is always the last argument of those caught flat footed :lol:

CD found your problem ~ I intended to look up that processor later to confim, but he beat me to it ;)

He is also something of a hardware expert and one who does not suffer a lot of questions for something when it can be looked wtih a mouse click!

Sorry it is not going to work out for you...

As I said, I am not tech savy, and I did search it... and looked at the specs, and looked at the specs of my older laptop which is a Duo Core Processor, and I did not see anything that really made a difference. And the way he has phrased "Are you fooling with me" and "Hows that for "breaking it down for me so I can further understand" ?" isn't rude and disrespectful? cause to me and I'm sure many others who just came here looking for answers, that is.

Anyways, here is my older laptop, it is having issues as well... THIS one reaches requirments as far as my knowledge goes...

Problem is the picture in the attachment. Pretty sure you can make out for yourself what is wrong.

PC Specs:

Win. 7 - 64 bit

AMD Athlon (tr II P340 Dual-Core Processor 2.30 GHz

3 GB RAM

176 GB free

post-111068-0-98915900-1362736940_thumb.jpg

The 'test pattern' indicates that you don't have the wires plugged in correctly OR the video settings on your Game Console are not right... (you have yet to mention what you are using :huh: )

However... I have a note that one user did fix that issue by a very very complex process. I prefer you check these things and try a different source, like a DVD or BD Player before proceeding with that!!! ;)

(this was just someone who popped in, posted a "fix" and never been back... Personally, I am not sure I buy into that )

Edited by Jim_Hardin

The 'test pattern' indicates that you don't have the wires plugged in correctly OR the video settings on your Game Console are not right... (you have yet to mention what you are using :huh: )

However... I have a note that one user did fix that issue by a very very complex process. I prefer you check these things and try a different source, like a DVD or BD Player before proceeding with that!!! ;)

(this was just someone who popped in, posted a "fix" and never been back... Personally, I am not sure I buy into that )

This is my setup.

Wii U into input (HDMI)

TV into output (HDMI)

and the USB cable that came with the cap to my PC.

I know the setup is correct because I can record on the laptop that's under requirments. It just have some minor issues doing so... But for the laptop that meets requirements and is getting the test pattern, is there any other possible thing I could check into on it?

Your Video Chip - make use it is up to date with Drivers and Software but many laps simply do not meet the specs ;)