• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Wizard12357

Is There A Live Human Who Can Help Me With Registration?

What product and where did you buy it. One of the programs needs to be activated at the store you bought it from (Best Buy) and they don't do it right. You may be caught up in that.

Edit: Also make sure that you computer or modem firewall is not blocking the registration.

Edited by sknis

Hello. Can a real person help me with registration? Digital River and Corel support are pretty useless. Thanks!

What product?

Register it here.. https://www.roxio.co...n.aspx?lang=enu

Signin with your user name and Register A New Product.

How is that?

post-97-0-82478300-1362699632_thumb.jpg

Hey. So I was working away this morning, minding my own business. I haven't bought anything from Roxio or Corel or anything in 2013. I get this product registration email. I called the support line 5 times and got the run around each time. The number the finally gave me was disconnected. Some how these people at Roxio/Digital River/Corel who explicitly say "Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, so please know that your information will never be sold or compromised in any way." found their way to sign me up for something I didn't buy. So now my information is attached to who knows what. That is somewhere between identity theft, outright fraud and harassment. Now. Does anyone actually work at Roxio other than sales people? This is truly pathetic on a number of levels. They are like those foreign spam servers once they get their hooks in you, no escape. I intend to get to the bottom of this pronto.

Wizard12357, so you don't need help with registration like your post says?

"I get this product registration email" for what?

Would you PM me a copy of it?

Looks like a product registration to me. I want to know how to undo it. So yes, I need help with a product registration.. From: registration@roxio.com

Subject: Roxio Product Registration‏

Roxio Product Registration

Thank you for registering your new Roxio Software!

First: xxxx

Last: xxxx

Email: xxxx@xxx.xxx

Product: Roxio Central

You now have the opportunity to access our support services which include an advanced knowledgebase, community forums, tips & tutorials, patches & updates and so much more.

http://support.roxio.com/

Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, so please know that your information will never be sold or compromised in any way.

Enjoy your new software!

Sincerely,

The Roxio Software Team

http://www.roxio.com/

- This is an automated email. Please do not reply. -

..but it so much worse than that. Follow the support link and call the number listed.. 1.952.646.5132 ..then they give you the run around to this number.. 1.877.582.6735 # 4.. then they give you the run around to this number.. 1.866.434.9871 ..which is non-working number. This is bait and switch, pure and simple. I could spend an hour detailing the problems with their atrocious software, but the effort to obfuscate and misdirect takes the cake. Who runs a company this way? ..North Korea, China, Brazil, Romania to name a few. This is utterly ridiculous.

Looks like a product registration to me. I want to know how to undo it. So yes, I need help with a product registration.. From: registration@roxio.com

Subject: Roxio Product Registration‏

Roxio Product Registration

Thank you for registering your new Roxio Software!

First: xxxx

Last: xxxx

Email: xxxx@xxx.xxx

Product: Roxio Central

You now have the opportunity to access our support services which include an advanced knowledgebase, community forums, tips & tutorials, patches & updates and so much more.

http://support.roxio.com/

Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, so please know that your information will never be sold or compromised in any way.

Enjoy your new software!

Sincerely,

The Roxio Software Team

http://www.roxio.com/

- This is an automated email. Please do not reply. -

I've never heard of a Roxio product called Roxio Central.

Now what does this mean?

"I could spend an hour detailing the problems with their atrocious software,"

You need to settle down and calmly explain the chain of events, your ranting this then ranting that, I can't follow what all your talking about.

Do you understand that?

OK, I found a free application era 2007 called Roxio Central.

Did you download this and install it then try to activate it?

Sure, be happy to. I get ahead of things sometimes. You are familiar with SMTP, right? Emails have headers behind the human readable part. It gives detailed information about where an SMTP envelope routes by and comes from. Here is this one.. (Note the lines that say "Received:")

x-store-info:J++/JTCzmObr++wNraA4Pa4f5Xd6uensydyekesGC2M=

Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; spf=pass (sender IP is 192.210.65.243) smtp.mailfrom=registration@roxio.com; dkim=none header.d=roxio.com; x-hmca=pass

X-SID-PRA: registration@roxio.com

X-AUTH-Result: PASS

X-SID-Result: PASS

X-Message-Status: n:n

X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTE7YT0xO0Q9MTtHRD0xO1NDTD0w

X-Message-Info: aKlYzGSc+LntszwVaofz5+0CfjwRjB9ooX1VKqlJ58AFApyycO4MeXH3DCEA6z/csEZDCH7hPHtfOXp3Xrgqr6Pn7Xi8h/Ly2TceOMYQHym2TJXZdd+PYEcy71CxlaMmzdaXRMCQilPR6bceYR9U2aD2sjEgzg/v

Received: from smtp5.corel.com ([192.210.65.243]) by COL0-MC3-F38.Col0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4900);

Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:20:56 -0800

Received: from svlweb02.SVL.SONIC.local (unknown [10.233.36.1])

by smtp5.corel.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 2E5237AD9

for <xxxx@xxx.xxx>; Thu, 7 Mar 2013 12:20:55 -0500 (EST)

Received: from q9-roxio-prd4 ([127.0.0.1]) by svlweb02.SVL.SONIC.local with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);

Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:20:55 -0800

MIME-Version: 1.0

From: "Roxio Registration Services" <registration@roxio.com>

To: xxxx@xxx.xxx

Date: 7 Mar 2013 09:20:55 -0800

Subject: =?utf-8?B?Um94aW8gUHJvZHVjdCBSZWdpc3RyYXRpb24=?=

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

Message-ID: <Q9-ROXIO-PRD4V5s08S00038c93@svlweb02.SVL.SONIC.local>

X-OriginalArrivalTime: 07 Mar 2013 17:20:55.0242 (UTC) FILETIME=[203F62A0:01CE1B58]

Return-Path: registration@roxio.com

So this morning, an email with the subject "Roxio Product Registration‏" comes from "Roxio Registration Services" <registration@roxio.com>. I don't see any kind of spoofing from the header, appears intact.

What I think happened is that somebody registered a product or Roxio was screwing around with their servers and somehow my address became attached to this. I was working on SQL at the time, not even on the Internet. So, I did the dutiful thing, tried to contact the company via their Support link to let them know of the problem. Why would any company want to harbor false information unless they were doing something bad with it?

What is the problem? The problem is that Roxio has some of my personal information bouncing around in their system. That's a huge problem, not the least of which is identity theft, harassment and spam. But beyond that, what if I want to register a Roxio product in the future? Am I supposed to be sharing with this mess? What about the part where they say "Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, so please know that your information will never be sold or compromised in any way.". Its already compromised. I'm just waiting for the sold to spam engine portion of this exercise to happen.

Anyway. When I contacted support, they gave me the run around 5 times. Finally the last number is non-working.

In conclusion, Roxio has no business using my email address for any reason. Further they are not allowed to arbitrarily associate me with their product sales or service or registration or whatever it is they are trying to do. I'm an innocent by standard here that got sucked into a mess by some poorly written software.

Why would I say that? Because at the very least a spam engine like this ought to give the end recipient the option to be removed. Like.. Hey, this isn't me, please don't spam me anymore! ..or something. If that's not possible, then how about access to tech support to get this resolved? No, cant do that either? ..you can see where this is going.

I didn't ask for this, nor did I register anything. I want to be removed from all Roxio databases. That is not too much to ask.

How'd I do? Any clearer? Sorry, for not spelling it out better. I was pretty unhappy by the time I got here. Hopefully this makes more sense.

Thank you kindly for your help.

Why you were posting that post #13, I posted a question in post # 12.

Would you answer that for me please?

Sorry, missed it..

>> OK, I found a free application era 2007 called Roxio Central.

>> Did you download this and install it then try to activate it?

No.