• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Boyhowdy

Edited Video Will Not Render Properly

Question

When I attempt to make my edited video into a movie choosing "all" as my choice for method of viewing, I get an error messsage as: "unable to build the render graph." If I choose "view on another PC" the render starts as I would expect it to, but about 30% to 40% into the render, it suddenly switches to the original unedited video and tries to render that. This would make an edited video (according to the rendering dialog box) that would be nearly two HOURS long. About 80% through everything stops.

I have no idea about the settings in the "make video" dialog box that could solve this problem.

HELP!.

8 answers to this question

Please confirm that you have Creator NXT and please state what application you are using in that suite. Are you trying to use Video Copy and Convert? It sounds more like you have the Easy VHS to DVD.

That render graph error message is usually associated with making a blu ray or AVCHD disc. Are you woring with High definition video and trying to make one of those types of discs?

Using Creator NXT. App in the suite is Videowave. When output is selected, render either will not start, or will hang AFTER trying to include the original video. Not using copy, convert or blue ray.

What is the source and format of the video you are editing?

Please let us know about your computer via dxdiag. Follow these instructions and attach the text file; do not copy and paste the entire file. That will give us a lot of information on your computer's ability to render the file and how up to date it is. Do you do regular maintenance on your computer and update drivers?

Have included "dxdiag"j file.

Clip was loaded with MS moviemaker (.avi) and edited with creator NXT. Size of file loaded 13.5 Gb.

Is that a laptop or desktop? If desktop, then

1) Your video drivers for your ATI Radeon HD 4350 are woefully out of date. They are from June 2009. You will need to update that. Go to the ATI/AMD web site. I could not tell if your Vista was 32 or 64 bit; this is the one for 32 bit OS. Carefully follow the directions.

2) Disconnect the internet phone while you are working on a project. Magic Jack has been known to screw up this program (and others) in the past. It will be your choice on the USB phone use or not.

3) Do some maintenance on your computer using some of these free tools. Get rid of programs you don't use, get rid of junk files and defrag !

A very big THANK YOU DG! I'll get at this. And here I thought my auto updates would take care of all obsolete drivers. Guess not.

While waitting for a solution, I've been trying the file with MS moviemaker live and having no problem with it. Ah well...

Try swithching render options to hardware. You should find it under Tools / Option.

Well you are now at least posting to just over 1 year old threads. Read them first, the original poster seems to have other issues so there is no need to do more. We left this thread open just in case the ORIGINAL POSTER ever came back.