• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

dmobmiller

No Audio In Videowave With .mts Files

Question

When I attempt to edit .mts files in videowave I am getting no audio. I play the videos in Windows media player and they work fine. Is there something I'm not doing or seeing? Thanks for any help

3 answers to this question

It depends on the source of the mts files. Many of us simply use a converter to convert the mts file to mpg2.

Try using Video Copy and Convert first. If you still do not have audio, use a free third party converter to convert the video. Go to c/net. com to find one. There are several. I use "Any Video Converter" to do batch conversions.

Edited by sknis
Spell correction

Thank you for the help, I ended up using Pinnacle to convert the video to .mpg and it now works fine in my Roxio editor. I was hoping to be able to work without the conversion step, but I guess I didn't do enough research about the audio when I purchased my camera. By the way, it is a Sony. Thank you again,

It depends on the source of the mts files. Many of us simply use a converter to convert the mts file to mpg2.

Try using Video Copy and Convert first. If you still do not have audio, use a free third party converter to convert the video. Go to c/net. com to find one. There are several. I use "Any Video Converter" to do batch conversions.

Thank you, I did have to convert it and it did work. I was hoping there wouldn't have to be the extra steps. Thanks again