Roxio Photoshow Premium

Amy Claxton

Question

We have been using Photoshow Premium for several years. Currently using Version 6. We created a new Photoshow and burned it to play on our DVD player. When we watched we noticed the music was playing but no pictures were seen. We noticed, while processing the photos for burning, that nothing but a black screen was showing up in the viewing area. We have never had that happen before and even went back and reburned a previous saved Photoshow and it burned fine. I am having a difficult time trying to find a contact number for Tech Support. I am getting a run around on the Photoshow website. PLEASE HELP someone!

6 answers to this question

Yep, support has been poor or non existent.

Did you make it with V6 desktop edition and burn it to a disc from there? Often people who get black panels find that they are using very large images. Perhaps even larger than in the past. If you have a photo editing program, try re-sizing the images to a smaller size and adding them to a new slide show. If you don't have an image editor, Windows PhotoGallery will easily re-size the images by opening PhotoGallery and re-sizing them there by selecting and right clicking.

What format are the images?

Well my husband just spent 11 hours resizing all 390+ photos and redoing the photoshow. He tried to burn it and still seeing the black screen. Photoshow instructions say the max photos is 400 but is there a smaller amount of photos (or total file size) that we need to reduce it to in order for the show to burn correctly?

In answer to your "format" question- The photos are in JPG format.

I appreciate any input someone may have!

Edited by Amy Claxton

How much video TIME is in the PhotoShow? What brand discs are you uing - Verbatim or JVC Taiyo Yuden (on-line only) are the only one worth using.

Make sure you burner has the latest firmware (from your computer manufacturer) and burn at a low speed. You may want to use a re-writable disc for experimentation..

The total run time is 37 Min. We are using Verbatim discs and Windows 7 operating system. Other shorter Photoshows we have done are burning fine. So I think we are going to try to keep the original and save a copy of the photoshow as a different file name then delete about 100 pictures and burn a trial copy to see if it works. Thanks again for your input. I'll let you know how the experiment works.