Question

I purchased easy media creator 9 a few years ago. Now all of a sudden I cannot view any dvd or access any cd because when I go to use them pops us i must register access code and when I try another screen pops up invalid access code and I cannot watch anything. This is making me crazy. I have unloaded and reloaded this program without success. What access code are they talking about grrrr

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

I purchased easy media creator 9 a few years ago. Now all of a sudden I cannot view any dvd or access any cd because when I go to use them pops us i must register access code and when I try another screen pops up invalid access code and I cannot watch anything. This is making me crazy. I have unloaded and reloaded this program without success. What access code are they talking about grrrr

Did you change operating systems since you last used the program? Did you change or format your disc?

At one time, you had to activate the program so it would use certain codecs to be able to play movies and do other things. . I believe it is that access code and I believe that the servers for that no longer

exist. Since there have been two owners since that time, much of the old stuff has been lost.

This is the applicable text:

"Note: Importing, capturing, editing, copying (encrypted or copy-protected discs not supported), burning, exporting, or viewing MPEG-2 files, DVD-Video titles or HD-V video, and burning DVD, mini DVD, or SVCD discs requires a one-time product activation, via the Internet. Product activation is fast, free, and anonymous."

Note that we are just users here so we had nothing to do with the problem you are having. You could call support but I think all you will get for your money is that they can't help. Spend it on an upgrade to a newer version or look for something like Creator 2012 or Creator 2011 on Amazon or other store that sells older software.

Sorry, Please don't rant here, no one from Corel looks at the forum regularly.

Edit EMC 9 was released about 2006. The product has been pretty much updated every year since then. The latest is Creator NXT.

Edited by sknis

Thanks for your response and I did see that there was a one time product activation via the internet and my program has been working until recently. I had hoped that by reloading the program my problem would have been solved.

Thanks for your response and I did see that there was a one time product activation via the internet and my program has been working until recently. I had hoped that by reloading the program my problem would have been solved.

Also I am the only owner of this program.

Also I am the only owner of this program.

No but there are probably alot of copies sitting in closets around the world.

One last try - follow these instructions. They are old; I don't know if they would still work.