• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Hannah Bee

Disc Fails To Write (Error Message 'the Exception Unknown Software Exception (0Xc0000409) Occurred In The Application'')

Question

Hi,

Following the advice I was given the last time I posted here I bought a new 2012 Roxio Creator Pro program to create DVDs for my videos and pictures.Everything went well, the program ran smoothly on my computer as well. (It's a new computer I only bought it last Oct) BUT... when I go to write a disc something goes wrong. It appears to be writing just fine, it gets all the way to the end (95% or so) then it just closes. The second time I tried it I received this message:

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x11b33515

Oh and, when installing the program it said there was a problem with my product key, but it seemed to work anyway. I received another product key from the online seller I'd purchased it from, but they said I'd have to uninstall it to put it in, and I didn't want to loose my project and all my hard work so I didn't do it. Not sure if that has anything to do with this...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Edited by Hannah Bee

7 answers to this question

I received another product key from the online seller I'd purchased it from,

As far as I know only Roxio's partner Digital River sells a legit download, but C2012 would not be available from them since Creator NXT launched last September!

Post a link to this online reseller you bought Creator 2012 from?

Save all of your previous productions you made including all photos and audio to a separate folder

on your computer. They should all be recognized by the new install of C2012 IF

the new installation works O.K. with the new key.

Either that or do a "repair" of the original installation and see if that helps.

Frank...

cdanteek, I bought it from a seller on Ebay. Here's a link to the seller page.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/calipsico332/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

It only came with one disc ina white sleeve, and not even the box nor instructions, so maybe I was ripped off and didn't realize it! The program still worked when installed though so that's odd.

REDWAGON, Thank you for your advice, I'll do just that. :)

I think the other, # 2 program disc just contains extra non-Roxio programs.

Let us know how things worked out Hanna.

One has to be extremely careful when buying from Ebay especially software.

Redwagon...

So it was okay? I guess I'll just try loading the new product number in. Thanks for your help!

You can check the disc that was sent to you. If it is a pressed silver disc it might be an original, but if it is a burned disc I'm guessing that your supplier has a key generator program and is selling pirated copies of the disc.