• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Capture Audio - Help Appreciated.

boadle

Question

Hi guys,

I've scoured the forum for a good while, and haven't yet seen my specific issue addressed. Actually, I have two, but one is more pressing than the other.

Setup: I'm trying to capture a PC game to an external hard-drive. I have a HDMI cable going out from my brand new GTX 960 into the input of the Roxio, and into an HDMI monitor. Video captures just fine.

Problem 1: Cannot find a configuration that allows me to capture audio. My PC audio output is connected to a 3.5 male-to-male extension lead, which feeds into a black/red RCA, which goes into the Roxio input. The output has another black/red RCA, into which my speakers are plugged, Thus, I can HEAR the game audio, but when I check the MTS, I find the video hasn't captured audio. Is there something else I should be doing?

Problem 2: Dual Monitors only capture tiny clip, then stop. With a dual or triple monitor setup, only a half a second of video is captured. I need to adjust to only one monitor in order to do the full capture. Naturally, this is becoming a pain.

Would appreciate any guidance. Thanks in advance!

Edited by boadle

7 answers to this question

Hi guys,

thanks for taking the trouble to offer some guidance.

Problem 1 ~ it isn't made to capture audio...

Problem 2 - use NO Monitor to see what it does (play in your preview window)

I'm slightly bewildered by both of these responses, Jim, as I was under the impression the device DID capture audio. Certainly the existence of audio ports indicates it's intended to?

I don't really understand what it would mean to play with NO monitor.

Video.HDPRO

Set up. Tutorials, http://www.roxio.com...o/overview.html

Watch the tutorals and set it up the way they show it hooked up.

Dan - sadly, I can't find any set-up videos that pertain to a PC-only configuration, only to Xbox and PS3 set-ups.

I've since had some limited success by adjusting the PC Playback Devices settings, namely changing DEMOTDA19978 to be the primary device. This means I don't hear the audio, but it is be written to the MTS (although I think it has a reverb issue). I'm still in search of a way to simultaneously hear and record.

Your guidance is appreciated.

I don't know what confuses you, you said you use it with 2 or 3 monitors... DON'T! use 1 and play in the Capture Preview... (this is to test the capture only we are trying to narrow things down by removing unnecessay variables!)

You Never said you were using a PC how would we know that? ;)

I was expecting a predictably obtuse response based on your post history, Jim. I appreciate you're the big fish on this forum, but is the confrontational attitude ALWAYS necessary? We're all just people trying to get by, and I was quite polite.

I don't know what confuses you, you said you use it with 2 or 3 monitors... DON'T! use 1 and play in the Capture Preview... (this is to test the capture only we are trying to narrow things down by removing unnecessay variables!)

Oh I see. By 'No' monitors, you meant 'One' monitor.

You Never said you were using a PC how would we know that? ;)

Really? I did state:

Setup: I'm trying to capture a PC game to an external hard-drive

Thanks anyway. Back to Google for me, I guess...