• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trying To 'split' Burn A Dvd

OC Terry

Question

Hi, all! I hope I don't get yelled at by one of the moderators but haven't really found the answer to the question around errors when trying to split a long captured file. I have one that's over 2 hours long and know it won't fit on a single DVD. I've tried to split it but get the same errors that have been reported by others. I tried using two different batches of blank DVDs (the -R variety) and still get errors. Attached are a few screen shots to help illustrate the situation. As a side note, I have successfully burned single DVDs (as recently as this morning) from source material that doesn't exceed about 1-1/2 hours; it was only today when I was 'instructed' by the application to split the larger file that I had problems.

Thanks in advance for the assist!

Terry Wall

post-110467-0-06525200-1363307321_thumb.jpg

post-110467-0-42074000-1363307324_thumb.jpg

post-110467-0-40668300-1363307325_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

I have not had any issue with the Span feature and think it is pretty neat ;)

I don't recall ever having both 'Autofit' and 'Span' checked at the same time???

Try it with JUST Span checked!

Also, when you fill up a disc you reach the outer edge and that can cause issues with cheaper media... I always use Verbatim (Singapore) and Taiyo Yuden (JVC).