• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

3Dstreaming

Capture With 3D (Stereo) Native Camera Hdmi Output

Question

Hi everyone, sorry for my bad English.

I need to capture throught 3D stereoscopic player via Roxio Capt. HD PRO.

I have got 3D native camera and I tried with the best Video Editer (Capture) for 3D contents.

The editers can find the "Roxio GameCap HD Pro" but it don't see anything or errors capture.

Here the follow software tried:

- Cyberlink PowerDirector

- Adobe OnLocation

- SONY Vegas

- MAGIX

and the principal 3D Stereoscopic Player 2.0.3 by 3dtv.at

Can you help me to develope it or do you have plane to improve it ?

Here the Look Like:

600333_519266184786092_542210899_n.jpg

23 answers to this question

Many thanks for quick answer, Will you plane to develope it?

Add 3D icon close the brightness/contrast icon...PLEASE PLEASE !!!

Unlikely...

First I do not work for Roxio, just another user like yourself ;)

Secondly, since Corel's takeover of Roxio things have pretty well come to a halt :huh:

I don't have the full story, but the developers we were aware of are gone. (this is not to say all, just the ones we knew of)

But you can make you views known very easily, right in the Program :o

post-39730-0-25411100-1363606031_thumb.jpg

Use the software that came with the 3D camera to capture the video. If that doesn't work, nothing will help you. Is your computer able to play 3D video? Except for anaglyph, you would need to have the video card, 3D emitter, glasses and a monitor capable of handling 3D. This tool by Cyberlink will help you determine if your equipment is 3D ready (link)

See if you can find any help here (link).

What specific 3D camera do you have? Also a program similar to this came with my 3D camera. See if this will work.

I know a little about 3D but nothing about the game capture so I usually don't post here. Don't ask me any RGC questions.

Edited by sknis

thanks, find it on Roxio MyDVD VideoLab HD - System Requirement:

- For video capture: OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 FireWire card for use with DV camera or Roxio Video Capture USB for analog sources.

and..

3D

• For other supported 3D formats, required hardware is the responsibility of the user.
  • 3D video input formats: over/under full and half height, side-by-side full and half-width, anaglyph red/cyan, RealD, Fuji FinePix REAL 3D
  • 3D video output formats: anaglyph red/cyan, side-by-side and full and half-width, over/under full and half height, RealD

I don't know if there is "OnLocation" preview with 3D option, I need much more details about it...

I have got: 3D CAMERA and 3D Laptop to take some test...

I write here soon !

Thanks again !

Your reading the VideoLab specs with a Wishful Eye :lol:

VL Cannot Capture 3D!!! (nor can RGC)

What 3D Editors can do, is edit existing 3D files and output as such ;)

Actually, Jim, I might argue that if it is presented with a 3D signal, the RGC device will capture it as long as it's not over 60 Hz. There's nothing that "special" about 3D in that regard, especially if it's one of the interlaced 3D formats.

A lot of native 3D cameras are side by side format (2 lens), I need "OnLocation" for to adjust the right during the shoot, so on the Post-Production I will lose less hours.

I don't mind if anaglyph or native 3D display, for now there is only stereoscopic player with 2 cameras and not 1 native 3D camera. (buying other periferals to connect them)

The actual 3D cameras has HDMI output and the RGB or FireWire are obsolete.

I asked earlier what 3D camera you have. You have not responded. Why would a 3D camera not have a way of capturing video for editing.

I'm not sure what you mean by "there is only stereoscopic player with 2 cameras and not 1 native 3D camera". Did you go to the 3D forums as I suggested? Re-read post 5. You said that you have a 3D computer; OK I can accept that.

Firewire is only obsolete on some computers (probably yours) you probably have USB 3 ports. By the way, USB 3 is backwards compatible with USB 2.

I asked earlier what 3D camera you have. You have not responded. Why would a 3D camera not have a way of capturing video for editing.

I'm not sure what you mean by "there is only stereoscopic player with 2 cameras and not 1 native 3D camera". Did you go to the 3D forums as I suggested? Re-read post 5. You said that you have a 3D computer; OK I can accept that.

Firewire is only obsolete on some computers (probably yours) you probably have USB 3 ports. By the way, USB 3 is backwards compatible with USB 2.

What is the right post? is it this: http://www.3dphoto.n...board,83.0.html ?

my 3D Camera: I don't know the know, but I will post soon... but here some of 3D videos from me

Laptop: Acer's 3D notebook Aspire 5738DG (passive glasses - interlaced display)

acer-3d-laptop.jpg

Edited by 3Dstreaming

I understood that the whole purpose of this thread was how to capture 3D video from a 3D camcorder -- and now you can't tell us what camcorder? Why did you create the thread if you don't know the most important piece of information?

If the purpose of the thread was to ask if the Game Capture will capture 3D, then that was answered earlier and there is no good reason for continuing this discussion. :angry:

Edited by sknis

I understood that the whole purpose of this thread was how to capture 3D video from a 3D camcorder -- and now you can't tell us what camcorder? Why did you create the thread if you don't know the most important piece of information?

If the purpose of the thread was to ask if the Game Capture will capture 3D, then that was answered earlier and there is no good reason for continuing this discussion. :angry:

I think that it is not important about 3D camera because the signal from HDMI is 1080p (half 720p SxS).

Every cameras with 1080 signal will be convert from GameCAP using Roxio standard signal...I have tried with external BD-Player for FullHD TV. Please don't be angry. I want to know from experts like you, sorry ;-)

Edited by 3Dstreaming

The camcorder information is the most important thing. I don't know of any camcorder that doesn't have some type of output port along with the HDMI port.

The camcorder information is the most important thing. I don't know of any camcorder that doesn't have some type of output port along with the HDMI port.

Every cameras, camcorders and smartphones...

Also FujiFilm 3D W3 camera :glare:

I think that it is not important about 3D camera because the signal from HDMI is 1080p (half 720p SxS).

Okay, so now we know it's 1080P in the side-by-side format. There's no reason the HD Game Capture device shouldn't capture that, again, with the caveat that the frame rate can't be over 60. The camera does the interlacing.

By the same token, it's probably recording on a standard SDHC card, so that can simply be copied to the PC instead of going through the extra effort of capturing through the Game Capture device. I would definitely think you'd want to simply copy the video files over, rather than capture them.

Okay, so now we know it's 1080P in the side-by-side format. There's no reason the HD Game Capture device shouldn't capture that, again, with the caveat that the frame rate can't be over 60. The camera does the interlacing.

By the same token, it's probably recording on a standard SDHC card, so that can simply be copied to the PC instead of going through the extra effort of capturing through the Game Capture device. I would definitely think you'd want to simply copy the video files over, rather than capture them.

you are right, but I need capture (especially watch it) during the shoot to watch in realtime the 3D vision. It is important because I won't lose hours to adjust in post-production with 3D stereoscopic editers...is it clear now?

Edited by 3Dstreaming

That is the hard part ! Capturing and editing in 3D from a camera used as a camcorder in REALTIME with a marginal laptop computer.

The FUJI does have a USB port

That is the hard part ! Capturing and editing in 3D from a camera used as a camcorder in REALTIME with a marginal laptop computer.

The FUJI does have a USB port

Sorry, no capture but watch it maybe need less preformance...

FujiFilm 3D W3 there is miniHDMI to HDMI cable (not USB)

Check page 2 and page 57 of your manual. It gives the location and picture of where the USB port is located.. The discussion is about transferring images but it may also transfer the video. As Dave-D-W indicated, you also just use your memory card in your computer. The format for the video is MJpeg as an AVI file. Also Smart phones all have USB ports and some transfer program. All cameras, all camcorders also have either or both USB and/Or FireWire posts (AV) that can be used to transfer images and videos. My Samsung Smart phone uses a program called Kies to sync the phone to the computer.

I wonder if I am understanding you correctly. First you say you want to do the video and edit at the same time. Now you say you don't want to do that and editing and adjusting after is OK. You talk about convergence. Adjustments to watching 3D video are often in the program used to watch the video. I looked at the videos that you referenced (above) but I could not watch them in 3D using Internet Explorer and the 3D option. The only thing that worked in 3D was the anaglyph setting.

I used FireFox with the YouTube Downloaded extension to navigate to the video and selected to download. I chose a 3D player program to watch the video. That program had adjustments for 3D depth. It played beautifully in 3D.

I think that I will bow out of this thread since I don't really understand what you really want. Perhaps someone else can understand more.

I have gone through the manual for the Fuji camcera and it says that you cannot view movies on the camera; you must capture and then transfer to a computer. Do you ahave a camcorder - even 2D? Many video editing programs will convert 2D to 3D. If that is not suitable, then look at buying a 3D camcorder with a large display !.

Edited by sknis

So what it sounds like to me is that what you really want is simply to hook up an HD-3D monitor directly to your camera through the HDMI port so you can make sure that your 3D image is as you want? I think that's what you want, so that there's no extra processors, interfaces or devices in the way. The Game Capture device isn't the thing you want for "live viewing" because you're limited to the preview window which doesn't display in the full resolution that it captures as. Ideally, you might find a laptop that basically has an HDMI "passthru" input, that accepts an HDMI signal and passes it through to the monitor, but I have no idea if such a thing exists.

Otherwise, you like I say, you really want an HD TV to hook directly to your camera to be able to watch in "real time," with 3D, at full resolution. You might wind up carrying around a battery pack and a power inverter.

Or, look into what they use on a movie set.

That might not be the answer you want, but from what I see, that's what you're looking for.

Hi guys, my request is very simple, sorry for my bad English:

I need a software like "Stereoscopic Player" by www.3dtv.at where I can watch in real time from my 3D camera with Roxio GameCAP HD PRO.

What is "Stereoscopic Player"? Is the "SIMPLE" player where you can plug every 2 cameras (left - right) throught usb or IEEE (adding devices) in REAL TIME without capture the video.

I want to have the same with RGC having USB2 using ONLY Roxi products.

I need the DEMO about Roxio VideoLab before to buy it. Where I have it?

is it clear now?

Looking at the site you listed, it appears that you're actually wanting to use Stereoscopic Multiplexer, not the player. The multiplexer is the one that lets you input two cameras, sync the left/right images and display as a stereo image on a display, live, from the cameras.

Having figured that out, I'm very certain that we can say there are no Roxio products that will fulfill your needs.

Why not use Stereoscopic Multiplexer as it seems to be designed to do exactly what you want to do?

Looking at the site you listed, it appears that you're actually wanting to use Stereoscopic Multiplexer, not the player. The multiplexer is the one that lets you input two cameras, sync the left/right images and display as a stereo image on a display, live, from the cameras.

Having figured that out, I'm very certain that we can say there are no Roxio products that will fulfill your needs.

Why not use Stereoscopic Multiplexer as it seems to be designed to do exactly what you want to do?

There are:

1. Stereoscopic Multiplexer is a tool (2 cameras setting, feel 2 cameras with 2 different inputs)

2. Stereoscopic Player (live 3D adjustment convergence betweeb 2 cameras)

I don't have 2 cameras but 1 3D native camera. After this simple explain, I need 1 input (HDMI side by side).

Unfortunatly GC HD Pro can only enable on ROXIO software / tools to watch on live.

So I need the same player to adjust and 3D enable.

I think I cannot have it....

Thanks for your comment!

Edited by 3Dstreaming