• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
RetroSpock

Live Streaming Stops Randomly

Question

I do apologize if this is a common bug and has been resolved before, however I couldn't find anything related.

I can broadcast gameplay footage and everything will run smoothly, unfortunately though, my stream will turn itself off whenever it sees fit. There hasn't been a pattern in the duration the stream will run for until it turns off, and the real head scratcher for me is that the software still believes that it's streaming; and by which I mean the button for 'Live Streaming' is still pressed in, I will have to click it to turn the stream 'off', then reclick it to begin streaming again. I know the problem isn't with twitch because I use other broadcasting software for other jobs. And the only reason I know the broadcast has gone offline is because a friend will either tell me, or I have my dashboard open.

Any ideas what's causing it?

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

I have the same problem. The stream runs perfectly but after 20 minutes or so the stream on twitch says im offline yet on the Roxio program it says im still streaming and it looks to be running fine. Have no idea whats wrong with it. Any ideas?

• Like 1

It seems that it is with the Roxio Program. I have the same exact problem, I am sure the support people can't point fingers at anyone else but themselves on this one. I stream consoles and I am wondering why if I change games the roxio crashes and I have to restart everything again.

Thats your answer, Great Job!

So you mean to tell that if 1,000 people went out and bought the same exact model car and only 50 people had problems with the car, there is NO WAY it's the car at all, it must be the drivers.

When people are having issues with something and they come to the forums for help, they expect some form of help and not dumb &%$ comments.

Since I am obviously doing something wrong here, why does Roxio crash at random? Why does Roxio ALWAYS crash when I change games? I have friends with the same problems and since you made it very clear that it is not the product, I would appreciate your guidance in resolving this matter.

So you mean to tell that if 1,000 people went out and bought the same exact model car and only 50 people had problems with the car, there is NO WAY it's the car at all, it must be the drivers.

When people are having issues with something and they come to the forums for help, they expect some form of help and not dumb &%$ comments.

Since I am obviously doing something wrong here, why does Roxio crash at random? Why does Roxio ALWAYS crash when I change games? I have friends with the same problems and since you made it very clear that it is not the product, I would appreciate your guidance in resolving this matter.

not worth my time... :unsure:

If others want to have a sensible discussion about this ~ list your PC Specs, in detail, and include your Windows Performance Index (Win-Pause)

No reason for one to spoil the Topic :lol:

That's all you get on here, its never the software always your computer.

That's all you get on here, its never the software always your computer.

This is not Roxio Tech Support!!!

I don't work for Roxio but with 30+ years of computing and programming I have a fair idea of when it is software and when it is not...

Nothing here indicates it could be a software issue ;)

I am sorry that doesn't fit your picture :lol:

I would assume broadening their products into a growing market such as Livestreaming they would restructure their support a bit. I can easily say 99% of consumers are not okay paying 20$ just to get an answer for a question that shouldn't cost money to do so. I've too had this problem and since then I've just switched over to Xsplit with a bought License, the program, to this day, across multiple computers built for either hardcore gaming/Media/streaming, have all had the same issue where the livestream just stops using the software program. Very little indication of error, the KBP/s rate is perfect across multiple servers I've tried, Miami/VA Primary and Secondary, and Texas servers. it all just comes down to it stopping randomly. I've contacted Twitch support about this and they've said numerous times that their servers are running just fine, considering I can connect to them via Xsplit, I'm inclined to believe that.

If you have the option, Xsplit is a good choice. Past 1.2 update for it, it supports the capcard, and works extremely well, that's about the only solution I can offer.

Also to clarify, I use Xsplit with a paid license, not a free trial, I'm not sure if 1.2 update is available for free users yet.

As a customer, I'm not asking for them to waiver the fee of support tickets, Sure, it'd be fantastic if they did, but they should also be a little more active when it comes to updating people on possible future updates to the software and such. Even if it's just a TBA, It'd set the customer's mind at ease knowing it's being worked on.

Seisoku: Thank you for your posting I agree with you regarding support...

Until such time that Roxio can return to a 'Industry Leader of Support' policy, all we have is each other to compare notes and work things out ^_^

Atleast you can stream everytime i try, It says im offline and then the Roxio says "Not Responding" and if i do get to stream its maybe 5 seconds and then my Roxio screen freezes for a couple seconds and then "Not Responding". This is ridiculous