• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Finalize A Dvd-session With Toast 6.1.1

raycamila

Question

Hello,

I have burned a DVD with Toast. I can watch this DVD on my Mac, but it is impossible to watch it with my DVD-Player on television.

I don't know if Toast is finalizing the burning session at the end. I don't see any option like this with Toast.

Somebody can help me?

Thanks,

raycamila

4 answers to this question

The discs are finalized automatically so that isn't the issue.

This can be a media compatibility issue with your DVD player. What media did you use for burning your DVD with Toast? I presume the DVD plays okay on the Mac.

Also, what settings did you use in Toast to burn the DVD?

What drive are you using to burn the DVDs?

Hello,

I use an external drive for burning the DVD (my Mac has only internal DVD-Reader, but not Burner), an Freecom FX-50 DVD+/-RW, that is automatically recognized from the Mac. The DVD plays without problems on the Mac.

When burning, I use these settings: Video; DVD; PAL; Encoding: best quality; Audio: PCM.

Thanks,

raycamila

The only thing I can think of to suggest is trying this with a different brand or type of blank disc. For instance, if you are using DVD+R, try DVD-R. It could be that your DVD player doesn't work with the media you used. Do you know for sure that it can play burned DVDs?

The only thing I can think of to suggest is trying this with a different brand or type of blank disc. For instance, if you are using DVD+R, try DVD-R. It could be that your DVD player doesn't work with the media you used. Do you know for sure that it can play burned DVDs?

Ok, thanks.

Yes, the DVD player can read burned DVDs.

I will try the possibility of using an DVD-R (have used an DVD+R before) and let you know about it.

raycamila

The discs are finalized automatically so that isn't the issue.

This can be a media compatibility issue with your DVD player. What media did you use for burning your DVD with Toast? I presume the DVD plays okay on the Mac.

Also, what settings did you use in Toast to burn the DVD?

What drive are you using to burn the DVDs?

Archived