Question

I upgraded from Creator 2012 to NXT Pro and discovered Cinemagic is nolonger available. Is there anyway I can get inside my 2012 installer files to reinstall Cinemagic as a standalone program? I realize it would not be linked to NXT Pro and would not be accessable through the NXT interface but could be used as a seperate program much like the Cineplayer, Photoshow and Facefilter which remained after the NXT upgrade. I know that for a MAC there is an extractor application that you can use to get inside installer files to be able to install parts of an install and was wondering if there was such a program for windows.

Or would it be possible to install Creator 2012 onto another hard drive or something so I could use CINEMAGIC?

I feel I got a lot with the upgrade to Creator NXT Pro but losing Cinemagic is a bummer .... I liked how it was able to automagically select scenes and combine video with pictures plus you could tweek it to be more selective in it's choosing. Have not found anyother program that can do what Cinemagic was able to do.

4 answers to this question

I upgraded from Creator 2012 to NXT Pro and discovered Cinemagic is nolonger available. Is there anyway I can get inside my 2012 installer files to reinstall Cinemagic as a standalone program? I realize it would not be linked to NXT Pro and would not be accessable through the NXT interface but could be used as a seperate program much like the Cineplayer, Photoshow and Facefilter which remained after the NXT upgrade. I know that for a MAC there is an extractor application that you can use to get inside installer files to be able to install parts of an install and was wondering if there was such a program for windows.

Or would it be possible to install Creator 2012 onto another hard drive or something so I could use CINEMAGIC?

I feel I got a lot with the upgrade to Creator NXT Pro but losing Cinemagic is a bummer .... I liked how it was able to automagically select scenes and combine video with pictures plus you could tweek it to be more selective in it's choosing. Have not found anyother program that can do what Cinemagic was able to do.

Cinemagic has been dropped. It was a very simple program and limited very much in its features. It was not recommended by anyone here. Videowave and myDVD can do all the things that Cinemagix ever could and even do a whole lot more.

Learning how to use Videowave and myDVD would be much more useful then fooling around with Cinemagix

Not recommended by anyone here ... hmmm ... well, I am here and I do prefer it over the Simple Slideshow maker in NXT. Granted Videowave is a strong program and working on a project with it and utilizing the audio programs for tweeking the sound creates great movies; however for creating something simple and fast as well as unique (especially when tweeking the movie scenes used and not used and choosing different Selection settings) Cinemagic was Quick, fun, simple and rewarding as opposed to the (better results but more time and work) Videowave and the very simple SLIDESHOW maker.

fooling around ???

Yes, there is Work video-making where the results you end up with are what you strive for and create and then there is automatic Fun video-making where the results are sometimes Throwaway and sometimes Keepable yet always resulting in *magic* clips which can be used in other productions. Cinemagic was Great for loading it up, tweeking the settings,going off to take a bath or something and then coming back to watch the Surprising results ...

Not recommended by anyone here ... hmmm ... well, I am here and I do prefer it over the Simple Slideshow maker in NXT. Granted Videowave is a strong program and working on a project with it and utilizing the audio programs for tweeking the sound creates great movies; however for creating something simple and fast as well as unique (especially when tweeking the movie scenes used and not used and choosing different Selection settings) Cinemagic was Quick, fun, simple and rewarding as opposed to the (better results but more time and work) Videowave and the very simple SLIDESHOW maker.

fooling around ???

Yes, there is Work video-making where the results you end up with are what you strive for and create and then there is automatic Fun video-making where the results are sometimes Throwaway and sometimes Keepable yet always resulting in *magic* clips which can be used in other productions. Cinemagic was Great for loading it up, tweeking the settings,going off to take a bath or something and then coming back to watch the Surprising results ...

Your choice if you just want something extremely limited .... (the Slideshow maker is in the same category)

In any case Cinemagix is gone and the only way to get it back is to uninstall NXT and reinstall C2012

This must be why there are more than one manufacture of cars :lol::D:lol:

With a little bit of creative thinking, you can move on and create your projects in VideoWave...

The only thing CineMagic had was the ability to create slideshows and add video clips in one program...

Yet you can do the very same thing in VW if you look :huh:

You know how add movie clips in VW, right?

You can also add photos either as a bundle or by creating New Slideshow:

post-39730-0-39795300-1363956361_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-50496000-1363956363_thumb.jpg

You can switch between Storyline & Timeline view to pick an insertion point OR even grab something and move it to a new location!

You can select transitions for all or part of your Project, add Text, Special Effects and things you haven't' even thought of yet.

You got comfortable using a limited application and now are suffering from being crushed by the 8 Ball of progress :lol:

Work with it a bit and post questions before you get yourself too frustrated, we are happy to help ;)