• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Do I Put An Info Across All Pictures Of A Video

squatch

Question

Two part question.

How do I stretch it across the complete time line?

The effect that I want is scrolling text at the bottom of the pictures across the full time line. Or this can be a looping text at the bottom. I have seen the scrolling text like credits that scroll from the bottom to the top.

thanks

Mike

What type of effects are you adding - 5 is a lot. For now stick with the basics - select scrolling text to see how that works for you If that works , add another.

Are you working with text, text tracks or text effects? Do a screen shot of what you have and attach it to this thread using the "More Reply Options" tab at the bottom right or your reply.

Just add the scrolling text to the main timeline and NOT the internal track of one of the items in the timeline. Stretch it out.

EDit again : Added image:

post-58-0-82983300-1364044161_thumb.jpg

Edited by sknis

I wasn't trying to add 5. I was trying to delete what I previewed. I searched for how to delete text and I found there were issues on deleting text. I deleted the project and started over. What I wanted was scrolling text at the bottom like a reader board. I did see the scrolling text from bottom to top, but that wasn't what I wanted. I substitued blank frames and added text to those frames. I have the info on every third frame.

I used a capture program that I paid for but you can do a screen capture with Windows or a free program named Jing.from Tech Smith.

You are making this hard for yourself. Why blank frames unless that gives you the effect you want. Use the image above with the YouTube video. No one can look over your shoulder so you have to pay attention to what people are telling you.

To delete text, simply right click on it in the timeline. Where did you read that there are issues deleting text?

To get the settings, you must have the correct screen settings and then select "view". There are some dropdowns. Isn't that in the video? If you have Windows from set to other than default (96dpi) or if you are not using a higher resolution, you will get a message that you cannot do the docking.

You really need to explore the application. Those headers across the top are not there for just decoration.

OK, I'm in the timeline, I'm at the text, I have a checked block halfway and a blue box the rest of the way. Because my message is a little long it show over the first two pictures and then strops scrolling. Even though I did have the double arrow and draged to the right. It's not covering the whole video.

thanks

Mike

I can copy and paste the scroll text. I just want to see what is the best way to add this text to the whole video.

Also best way to convert to a video with no menus so it can loop.

I was trying to attach attach the file, but I'm not permitted. It's a dsmn, how do I attach

thanks

Mike

Edited by squatch

1) Other than stationary text, I don't know of a way to stretch the scrolling text across the entire video. If I did, I would have already told you.

2) When in or opening Create DVD, don't use a menu.

3) A dsmn ? I don't recognize that extension. It is not an image. You can only attach an image (jpg or png) I already told you how to do a screen shot to get an image.

ok, thank you for your info. I will work on the copy and paste which seems good enough for this project.

thanks

Mike

What is the text you are trying to display? How long is the video/slideshow in time?

It is very easy to "still display" a line of text across the whole length of your timeline. You add the text to the text track and then simply drag the right end to the end of the video. That line of text then displays during your whole show.

I made a post yesterday, but I don't see it.

Text

Promotional video, advertise here, contact Dave or Mike at the EuGenius Market

The whole project is 10 pictures with a duration of 10 sec each. The scrolling goes accross about 4 1/2 pictures in crawl.

thanks

Mike

I made a post yesterday, but I don't see it.

Text

Promotional video, advertise here, contact Dave or Mike at the EuGenius Market

The whole project is 10 pictures with a duration of 10 sec each. The scrolling goes accross about 4 1/2 pictures in crawl.

thanks

Mike

I was able to create a simple project using your text that works.

Add a new text track and copy the scrolling text to the new track. By adjusting the position of the text on each track you can achieve what you want I think. You will have to play around with the positions and perhaps adjust the duration of the photos to get the timing right. By enabling the looping option on the computer you can get a continuous scroll of you message.

How are you going to "run" the video in the mall, from a DVD, a memory stick or straight from a computer?

i thinking on a usb stick. The lettering is not to important now. We have several vendors that are signed up for a month at a time. We also have vendors that sign up per weekend. I do see us making constant changes to the ads so I was thinking a usb stick on a computer. My thinking is that way we won't have to burn DVD constantly.

i thinking on a usb stick. The lettering is not to important now. We have several vendors that are signed up for a month at a time. We also have vendors that sign up per weekend. I do see us making constant changes to the ads so I was thinking a usb stick on a computer. My thinking is that way we won't have to burn DVD constantly.

A USB stick should work fine if the computer has a USB 2.0 port.