Sign in to follow this  
Aaron101

Cineplayer Bd No Longer Playing Blue Ray?

Noticed Cineplayer no longer playing Blue Ray. The disk recommended updating the software. Went to the help tab in Cineplayer and clicked on 'check for updates' the message back was there's none available. What am I missing here?

Noticed Cineplayer no longer playing Blue Ray. The disk recommended updating the software. Went to the help tab in Cineplayer and clicked on 'check for updates' the message back was there's none available. What am I missing here?

Did you upgrade to a newer version of Creator ? Is it a new disc? Apparently Roxio could not keep up with the BR protection schemes on essentially a free piece of software (not including the BR plug in). Many of us have switched to different software. Corel has a player called WinDVD Pro for $50. There is a trial version available.

Guest Rox-Ralf

WinDVD 11 Pro can play commercial and burned Blu-ray disc. However, latest commercial Blu-ray disc (most of it are released in 2012 and 2013) are not playable on it.

I am having the same issue as Aaron101, the only thing is I don't understand why I have to buy a new program, when one of the reasons I bought my computer was because it had a Blue Ray player on it. It isn't the consumers fault that the blue ray player has no upgrades. I have movies that I have purchased in good faith that my blue ray player will play, but each time I try, the say my player needs to be upgraded. I need the upgrade for my computer, or I need a download for a free new blue ray player. Thanks for your help.

I am having the same issue as Aaron101, the only thing is I don't understand why I have to buy a new program, when one of the reasons I bought my computer was because it had a Blue Ray player on it. It isn't the consumers fault that the blue ray player has no upgrades. I have movies that I have purchased in good faith that my blue ray player will play, but each time I try, the say my player needs to be upgraded. I need the upgrade for my computer, or I need a download for a free new blue ray player. Thanks for your help.

You realize that you are preaching to the choir, do you not? It isn't Roxio's fault, or responsibility, though.

I'm sure that CinePlayer wasn't the BR player that came with your computer. Why don't you use that one? How old is your computer? Did you know what OEM software is?

I am having the same problem as Aaron101, and my laptop did come with cineplayerBD on it to play Blu-ray. I don't understand why Roxio shouldn't have code upgrades for the software as windows does all the time. I just bought Olympus has fallen and can't watch it because cineplayerBD will not play it, what good is it if they cannot keep up with the times with upgrades? Heck even my car came with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. Yes I understand it cost more, but my laptop wasn't cheap and I bought it to watch movies on when I am on the road, even though it is a gaming laptop. I bought it for the Blu-ray player!!!!! They need to come up with some kind of fix in order to play the newer blu-rays. and Guru saying it isn't roxios responsibility whose is it? They are the ppl who came up with the software to play the Blu-rays that my system came with. They just need to come up with a patch for this problem for the ppl who have their software and not say it's not our fault.

I bought it for the Blu-ray player!!!!! They need to come up with some kind of fix in order to play the newer blu-rays. and Guru saying it isn't roxios responsibility whose is it? They are the ppl who came up with the software to play the Blu-rays that my system came with. They just need to come up with a patch for this problem for the ppl who have their software and not say it's not our fault.

You still have the Blu-Ray player, but the free software you were given is no longer being updated.

The free playing software will still play the Blu-Ray discs that were in circulation when the software was written. It's just that the disc sellers are implementing new "protections" and the owners of Roxio have decided it has become too expensive to keep updating the free software to keep up with these new "protections".

The solution is simple: If you want software with regular updates, you will need to buy some retail software.