• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Output On Tv

Nigelbrook

Question

I don't know if this has already been brought up on the forum before but I can't find anything. The signal from my xbox is reaching my roxio and will show up on the preview window in the roxio application but i get no signal on my tv. I've tested the hdmi cables I'm using and both work fine. Everything worked for about a week after I bought it then it suddenly stopped, I returned the origional one to the shop after testing everything I could think of and was given a new one but this one never worked. Not sure if its connected or just a coincidence but it will only let me record in 420p there are no more options in the drop down menu.

8 answers to this question

The profile won't go above 420 unless it actually gets a signal from your Xbox that is Higher than 420...

I think that should be resolved first before moving to the TV issue.

By the way, I see you made another post in the Game Console area here. Do you have the GameCAP HD or the Roxio Game Capture for Consoles???

Is your Xbox set correctly?. Does your TV work ok when you connect directly from the Xbox to the TV?.

Change the screen resolution

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.

2. Select Console Settings.

3. Select Display.

4. Select HDTV Settings.

5. Select the appropriate screen resolution for your TV or monitor.

Edited by ogdens

99.999 % of the time it is a setting or hookup that you have overlooked...

The other 0.001 % the device is faulty... (although someone would have to explain to me how a component can burn out and still produce a signal :huh: )

The ONLY other way to test is to provide a known HD signal.

Use a BD Player or even an HDMI output from your PC (set to 1920 X 1080) into the RGC Device and see what you get!

I have a similar problem,i received the Roxio HD pro yesterday and it could nt be easier to set up HDMI in , HDMI out...usb to laptop all fine. the software runs fine on the laptop and I can see the Xbox home page etc on the capture software but have no signal at all on the telly. I tried switching cables, changing HDMI ports on the telly...in fact we have 3 HD tvs in the house running x boxes and I had the same problem with them all just no signal recognised out of the roxio box. My only thought was that the HDMI port on the roxio was dead. I have ordered a replacment but is there something really stupid I am overlooking. thanks in advance