Sign in to follow this  
Diovas

Burn Failed With Photoshow 5 - Split From Hijacked Thread

Question

I still use Photoshow 5 althoughI have 10 and 2012 Pro. It is easy and reliable, well, except recently. I have burned more than 200 shows over the years many with more than 450 pics. Lately only short shows burn, 150 or less pics. The run time on this show is 37 minutes. The pic size is not the issue, same size I have used for years. Current show has 271 photos and mp3 music. Burn time says 171 minutes on slow burn. The burn always fails. Any ideas? Now,for another issue. When I attempt to edit an individual picture, i cannot move onto the next one as there is no cursor and the pic does not advance.. I have to go all the way back to the start. I get the message Burn Failed and there is no burner associated. Help!!!

Diovas

4 answers to this question

I still use Photoshow 5 althoughI have 10 and 2012 Pro. It is easy and reliable, well, except recently. I have burned more than 200 shows over the years many with more than 450 pics. Lately only short shows burn, 150 or less pics. The run time on this show is 37 minutes. The pic size is not the issue, same size I have used for years. Current show has 271 photos and mp3 music. Burn time says 171 minutes on slow burn. The burn always fails. Any ideas? Now,for another issue. When I attempt to edit an individual picture, i cannot move onto the next one as there is no cursor and the pic does not advance.. I have to go all the way back to the start. I get the message Burn Failed and there is no burner associated. Help!!!

Diovas

What OS are you running now? Is it the same OS that you used when you had your successful burns?

• Like 1

I have PhotoShow 5 running on a W7 desktop. It is supposed to be OS neutral.

How much free and defragged space do you have on the system drive- where PhotoShow is installed.?

The first thing I would suspect is the mp3 files. Not all mp3 audio files are the same Convert the mp3 to wav and try those. Since you have Creator 2012 Pro, you can do that using Batch Convert and Transfer or Edit Audio.

The next thing to look at is your burner. and media. Never use cheap media - like store brands or Memorex. They are the bottom of the barrel. What brand are you using?

Also you say you are having trouble moving images but then you say " I get the message Burn Failed and there is no burner associated" Please explain if that sentence go with the image problem or is a tag line to the burn failure. Have you used the burner to burn anything else recently. If you are using V5, then your computer is getting older and the burner may be starting to fail. Are you getting any error messages other than "Burn Failed". Any numerical error code?

Have you tried to burn at the medium speed?

How familiar are you with computers? Do you know how to uninstall the burner using Device Manager, reboot and let Windows install it again? Oops, I just gave you the process. In Device Mamager, do you see and exclamation mark next to the burner description?

How much defragged and free space do you have on your system drive (where you have V5)

I will try to see if there is some thing I can see with my V5. Do you have the original download or disc? You may want to try reinstalling it.

Edit: I just tried to make a new PhotoShow and it worked as expected. I was able to move the photos around. I did not try to burn it. The fact that it burned for me and if you have done all of the above, it may be time to do that reinstall.

Note that it took me some time to write this and to open and make a new PhotoShow with V5; please respond to tell us what you've dome and is it now working?

Edited by sknis

I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 7 PREMIUM

PhotoShow is OS version neutral. The desktop version of V5 and V6 runs on all versions of Windows. I have and am running the program on W7 but it ran on XP and Vista. I have not tried it on W8 because I'm not that adventurous.

Did you do what I said? If so, is it working? Did you do any of it? Do you need more detail instructions?

Please no all caps, it is equivalent to yelling.

Edited by sknis