• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

CFoster824

Moving Several Photos At Once

Question

i am new to photo show (and not terribly tech savvy) - just bought premium service (not sure what version though) and want to know whether I can move batches of images instead of dragging around one by one. Can anyone walk me through it? THANKS!

7 answers to this question

You have Version 6. The first thing to do is to download the desktop version and work from there. It is easy to upload your desktop made PhotoShows to the web site after you make them. Do not expect to download the mp4 files from the website.

Sorry, it is one at a time. It is a real hassle if you have lots of images. :unsure:

Wow thanks for the quick reply - sorry, a couple more questions if I could @DigitalGuru - do I not have the desktop version? How do I know? Re mp4s, I've been using bucketed placeholder music but plan to upload songs from my own library when I'm closer to being finished - will that be a problem?

Moving these images one at a time is a HUGE PAIN!

Thanks again...

Did you download it from your members page on the web site? Are you using a PC? You must chose to download it, did you? Do you have to get into the program via your Internet browser? If so, you have the web version and not the desktop version.

mp4 is not normally a audio file; it is video. mp3 are the typical audio files.

No, music is easily replaced. I would however suggest that you use wav files rather than mp3. All mp3 files are not the same. It depends where you get them. I have not had any issues with mp3 files I bought from Amazon but , for some people, iTunes has been an issue.

Not only that but there does not seem to be a logical way of adding files so that you can prearrange them.

There are some limitations to the program so that it is designed not to temp people to buy it rather than the full function "Video Wave" aka Edit Video -Advanced.

So...

1. Do I need to pay more money to get the desktop version?

2. I won't be able to upload any videos unless I get the desktop version?

I guess I'll just manually move things around - argh :x

Thanks again to all for your responses - tremendously helpful!

So...

1. Do I need to pay more money to get the desktop version?

2. I won't be able to upload any videos unless I get the desktop version?

I guess I'll just manually move things around - argh :x

Thanks again to all for your responses - tremendously helpful!

What is supposed to happen, doesn't ! Don't plan on adding that video; you will get an error. If you use the desktop version, you can upload the project and it will upload it to the web site so others can watch. With the desktop version, click on share and you have several other options.

No, you don't have to pay extra for the desktop version. Just go to your members page, find 'My Account" and look on the left. One of the three options is "Software Downloads" There are three options on the page that opens. Download and install. Note that if you ever have problems with the desktop version, you can re-download and install it over the previous installation.

(I wonder who talked them into a Blackberry version ! :)

You never answered if you are running a PC or a MAC. V6 desktop is only for PC.

Edited by sknis

Thanks! I am on a PC, which seems to be good news for me :)

So, if I upload my project to the desktop version, you think I WILL be able to add video? What about moving around photos in batches - any idea?

Can I still burn the final product to a DVD? (That will be a whole different set of questions when I get there!)

Anything else I should know about moving from site to desktop versions?

Thanks again

Semantics: You would download the online PhotoShow to your desktop version. It is under the "On Line" tab. Yes, you can burn to a DVD (you couldn't with the on-line version - that didn't work.).

Still no idea about moving pictures around in batches. You could upgrade to Creator NXT - Video Wave and get the functionality of moving pictures around in a batch mode. You could upload those shows to the web using YouTube or burn to disc or, etc.