Sign in to follow this  
Robert Richter

Mpeg Won't Activate

Question

I can't seem to figure out how to send private email to Roxio to get Easy Media Creator 9 to activate VideoWave. I had to replace a hard drive on my computer, and this product won't activate MPEG-2.

5 answers to this question

I can't seem to figure out how to send private email to Roxio to get Easy Media Creator 9 to activate VideoWave. I had to replace a hard drive on my computer, and this product won't activate MPEG-2.

You can take a look at the posts in the following URL, but they probably won't help.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/forum/92-activation/

If you have the CD/DVD version of the software, try installing it again.

Thanks, but I have tried both solutions. I don't know how to get an email directly to a technician at Roxio because this is an outdated product, and the manual activation method (by temporarily disabling internet) also failed. I really don't want to be told I have to pay money to get this working again.

I really don't want to be told I have to pay money to get this working again.

I don't think that's likely.

If you do manage to get through to a technician it's more likely that you'll be told the product is out of support and nothing can be done for you.

It is over 5 years old, and I'd be very surprised if any of the staff working on EMC 9 in 2007 are still working in the company.

I think they shut down the EMC 9 activation servers years ago, too.

Regards,

Brendon

I had an activation issue that stopped both Windows Media Center and and EMC9 after I reinstalled WinXP. I was unable to activate anything on Roxio's website.

However, Dell has an XP/Vista driver called Activation.zip that solved both problems for me:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-530?driverId=2wyw7&fileId=2731099384

I had an activation issue that stopped both Windows Media Center and and EMC9 after I reinstalled WinXP. I was unable to activate anything on Roxio's website.

However, Dell has an XP/Vista driver called Activation.zip that solved both problems for me:

http://www.dell.com/...leId=2731099384

That may work with the stripped down Dell version of the software, but I have never heard of it working with the full version of the Roxio software. Are you saying that it does?