CostasCal

Available Software Updates- Download Failed

Question

When I check for updates I get the a window from Software Manager that says:

"download failed"

Either you are not connected to the internet for the flexnet connect servers are currently unavailable

click retry or cancel

This is happening for few days now

I use Roxio Creator NXT Pro with Windows 7

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

Guest Rox-Ralf

Hi CostasCal

Are you getting this error message?

Updates.png

If yes, then it's just normal since there's no other available update for Roxio NXT Pro

Yes thats exactly what I get.

If this is normal it should say that there no updates and not that the Download failed.

Costas

• Like 1

If this is normal it should say that there no updates and not that the Download failed.

Costas

Woud have to agree with that Costas :)

• Like 1

Guest Rox-Ralf

Costas

Must agree with this one too. The only fact is that we cannot actually change it for now. But we already take note of this one. -_-

I have tried to check for updates for 3 months and have always received the "Download Failed. Either you are not connected to the internet for the FLEXnet connect servers are currently unavailable.”

I have tried to inquire with Customer Service or Technical Support and have not been able to find a customer friendly way to inquire via email, live chat or phone. Today I called Flexera Software the makers of “FlexNet Connect” at their North America phone number: 800-809-5659 to inquire of them if there was an issue with the “FLEXnet connect servers” and that was why I have not been able to receive any updates.

Flexera Software Technical Support was very nice. They explained that with the bigger companies they did not host the update servers, that they sold the software to those companies who hosted their own update servers. That if they had the updates on their servers he would have given me a link to download any needed update and that I needed to contact Roxio/Corel to obtain any updates.

Now I just find this post that “There's an error on our software update server and we are currently looking in to it. Our superior is taking care of this issue and I do hope they fix it as soon as possible.”

As this issue has been ongoing for at least 10 weeks that I know of I would hope that they work faster to resolve this issue. Also if this is the pop-up message that you receive if you do not need an update, then this is a major issue that needs to be fixed also. If you have the current versions and do not require an update you should receive a pop-up message that your software is up to date.

Please send an email to your customers when this is fixed so they know to check for updates. I would be helpful if a note was listed on the contact support page that was easy to see and not require digging to find.

Now the question remains do I need any updates or not?

Thanks.

After reading all of the posts concerning updates for Creator NXT I will add this. I clicked on check for updates and received the msg, "Cannot find the product etc..." At first I thought the msg iplied that I had not registered NXT or something along that line. Then I clicked on the page that listed the ONLY products that Roxio currently has updates available for downloading and assumed at that point they were telling me my nothing was found for my product to update.

BTW, I was also a Cobol/Fortran/Assembler programmer a few years back. All of you guys have a great day. Hope my input was helpful.

BobS

That is correct Bob, NO Updates have been issued at this time.

It would be nice if they fixed the messages ;)

How about a bit different twist on this. The screen that appears when I click the update button (to check if there are any updates issued) I get a screen that says: "Can not find the product. Visit the Home Page." So here I am. It could be that I deleted some temp files that I should not have done. Please advise?

How about a bit different twist on this. The screen that appears when I click the update button (to check if there are any updates issued) I get a screen that says: "Can not find the product. Visit the Home Page." So here I am. It could be that I deleted some temp files that I should not have done. Please advise?

What different twist? Did you not read the above posts? There is no update :)