• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Udf

SPD

Question

I need software that will create a DVD image from a .UDF file on a Windows 7 machine. The website does not say anything specific about supported file types for the Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning package. Will this software work? I tried calling Roxio but they do not appear to have any pre-sales support and I just kept going around in circles. Thanks in advance for your help!

5 answers to this question

What Specific program was used to write a file with that Extension???

You do understand that UDF can refer to the Format of an Optical disc as well as a extension (.UDF) that is used as a Proprietary Format from several Programs...

A lot more detail is needed to give you a correct answer ;)

OK that would be what we need to advise you.

Also when you say "...and the intent is to create a DVD..." what does that mean? - I can take it a face value, burn image to DVD.

However a "DVD" is Media. That media can be made into a DVD Movie, a DVD Music disc or a DVD Data disc. So which one are you looking to do ;)

I can tell you that I have never seen '.UDF' listed as a file type in any input window of any Roxio Product!

But I don't want to abruptly dismiss your inquiry because I didn't fully understand what you were asking :lol: By the way, each and every DVD Movie disc is formated to UDF Standards, so you can see why I am asking for more details ;)