Best File Format

Masorojoe

Question

Hi...

I have Roxio Easy Cd and DVD Burning program. I use Classic Creator to burn DVDs. After finalizing a DVD, it won't load automatically in DVD/BR player and play. It will eventually play after selecting devices then video on the player. I am using MP4 format with High Definition when burning. I have been downloading YouTube files in MP4 format and then burning to DVD. Do I need to use a different file format? Please help!

Later...Joe!

7 answers to this question

Hello,

I think you're burning MP4 files directly to a data DVD with Creator Classic. Is that correct?

You can get your DVD player to play this data DVD after a bit of fiddling with selection, but you're wanting to burn a DVD which will play automatically in a DVD player?

If that's the case, you need to make a proper Video-DVD with MyDVD Express [if MyDVD Express will accept your MP4 files]. A proper video-DVD will play automatically in a DVD player.

I do not belive the MP4's are an output choice???

Could be wrong, I don't have that PC up and running at the moment to check :lol:

Hi Jim,

I think you meant an input choice?

Masorojoe,

I reinstalled the software to check this out, and I'm afraid we're right. :(MyDVD Express in Easy CD & DVD Burning will not accept MP4 files as input.

post-208-0-15030800-1365245351_thumb.jpg

The input bar says it will accept them, but the software shows MP4's with a diagonal red line through them, and won't edit or accept them. It would seem that when they disabled some of the most useful features, they didn't bother to change the input menus or help files to match.

I tried these same rejected MP4 files with MyDVD Express from Easy Media Creator 10.1 [the original suite] and it accepted and processed all of them.

To have this software make a DVD which will start and run automatically in a player you're going to have to convert the MP4s to some other format that this castrated version of MyDVD Express will accept.

Regards,

Brendon

+

Thanks for the information...! If I am downloading YouTube files to burn to DVD, what is the best format to download for ease of burning a DVD. I use Free YouTube Downloader and there are several downloadable formats available through conversion. Since MP4 won't work with my version of Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burner, then what is my best format...Joe!

I don't know, Joe.

-I don't keep this software installed, so you are in a much better position to try and see what works than I am.

-I don't know what downloadable formats your "Free YouTube downloader" offers.

-I do know that the YouTube Terms of Service say

You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, . . . or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of YouTube

so if I try to help you get around their copyright provisions I might find myself in trouble.

Over to you.

Regards,

Brendon